Skip to content

Need help, weapons ineffective.

Hi guys,

So I'm just starting playing and I'm stuck at Myrkul's Sending,
I have only 2 +1 weapons and one of those is a blunt one(mace),
So I can't kill him, tried for 10 times now, weapons are I effective.
Also when going to those 2 Chambers just before him I can't stand up to a the skeletons or the mummy.
What should I do?

Comments

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    @Arathonk Some weapons (labelled "high quality" or "finest") give a +1 (or +2) bonus to THAC0, but are NOT actually +1 weapons as far as enchantment (which determines what you can hit) is concerned. You might be equipping one of those, which may be the reason why it's not hitting Myrkul's Sending or the Greater Mummy. Try rechecking if the weapon is actually enchanted or just "high quality".

A reliable +1 weapon can be found by killing the Yeti Chieftain in front of the Vale Ice Cave. You may want to go there first if you find that your current weapons are not actually enchanted.
  • ArathonkArathonk Member Posts: 2
    As I said, I only have two +2 weapons, they can hit him, but that's not enough because he kills my party before I can kill him.
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    Arathonk said:

As I said, I only have two +2 weapons, they can hit him, but that's not enough because he kills my party before I can kill him.

You must mean +1 weapons, right? (Because, as far as I remember, you don't get +2 weapons as early as this in the game.)

Myrkul's Sending needs only +1 or higher weapons to be hit. So if you haven't found enough +1 weapons, you can try to use the spells Shillelagh (level 1 Druid spell) or Spiritual Hammer (level 2 Cleric spell) since they create weapons of suitable enchantment to hit him. You should also use other offensive spells like Magic Missile, Chromatic Orb, Magical Stone and Sunscorch against him, instead of solely relying on melee weapons. Also be careful to avoid the Hold Person trap near the top of the stairs. You can also use some +1 arrows (found in the Beetle cave in Kuldahar pass, and also probably somewhere in the crypts of Kresselack's tomb) and equip them on your ranged attacker so that he can hit him. Try these tactics, and you should be victorious. :)
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    If you don't have enough magic weapons to win this battle, then you need to either improve your gear or change your tactics. You have a couple of options for improving your gear, including buying a magic weapon from town, pickpocketing/looting one from an NPC, defeating an enemy who will drop one, or casting spells that temporarily give you an enchanted weapon. As for tactics, the damage-dealing spells Rik mentioned are well worth using, either as a supplement to your melee damage or even a replacement for it (with your melee characters primarily serving as meat shields rather than damage dealers).

Those are tough battles so you shouldn't feel bad about struggling with them. The good news is that with some adjustments, you should be good to go.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,076
    If you've even gotten to Myrkul's Sending, that means you would've had to get past a Shadow and a Wight, both of which require magic weapons in order to hit.

Do you have a cleric or a druid? Clerics have the spell Magical Stone and druids have the spell Sunscorch. Both of those spells do extra damage against undead creatures. Even if you have no magic weapons, you can defeat Myrkul's Sending by having your clerics/druids cast those spells a few times.