Skip to content

BG2 Patch

Can I update and be okay or will this undo the Ascension and Hell Trials mods that I've installed? How will this affect my saved games?

Comments

• lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Updates remove all installed mods. You will have to reinstall them in the same order and with the same options. But even then, I think old saved games may break. So if you have an ongoing game, it's safer to finish it before updating.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    General rule of thumb: Updates will always break mods, and reinstalling mods can break savegames/will cause weird glitches. If you are in the middle of a playthrough that you feel good about. FInish before updating. Then you can reapply all your mods for a fresh playthrough.
  • WayniacWayniac Member Posts: 132
    Damn. Well, I only went through Irenicus dungeon. What's the chance another patch will come out again soon to fix something in this patch?

Are there patch notes somewhere?

And thanks!
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited July 2018
    Beamdog's patching cycles are way long. You'll probably be able to finish the game twice before BG2 gets another update.

A BGEE/SoD/IWDEE updates are about to come, so if you're planning to play one of those it is wiser to wait a bit.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited July 2018
    Patch notes for BG2:EE. The notes for all the underlying engine-fixes will become available when BG:EE/SoD have also been updated.
    Post edited by Doubledimas on
  • WayniacWayniac Member Posts: 132

Patch notes for BG2:EE. The notes for all the underlying engine-fixes will become available when BG:EE/SoD have also been updated.

Should I be able to click on that? Because I can't.

Thanks for the update, though!
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Wayniac said:

Should I be able to click on that? Because I can't.

Thanks for the update, though!
    You should be able to click it now. Was manually consteucting the hyperlink and I forgot an '=' in the link.
  • FiddlerFiddler Member Posts: 30
    Considering you have another 60-100 hours of playtime left, I would just uninstall the game, and a new reinstall with the new patch. Then add your mods and do the dungeon again. You haven't really done that much in the game yet. At least that's my opinion.