Skip to content

Weapon Concept Suggestions?

NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
Lately havkng beaten BGEE a few years ago and being a horrible mod uploader (dialog.tlk files never seem to work) alot of the fun I derive from BGEE is creating a charactor from scratch with their own custom item/armour. Items akin to Keldorn's unique sword and armour or Valygar's.

As of late I ran out of ideas about what to create. Made flails that can throw acid stun glyphs, lightning shooting halberds, Ice fireball shooting swords, a throwing spear that burns and poisons, a thief katana that blinds, custom colored shields with minor deflection, a smoke pipe that makes fhe user stoned...skined but it seems my creative juices are drying up.

Save armour that inflicts damage on hit (the version of NI I'm running unfortunately doesn't have the proper values for those) I'm open to any suggestion and interested in the ideas that the community has to impart.

Comments

• parrkerparrker Member Posts: 22
    How about a dagger that teleports the wielder to safety on successful backstab?
    A cursed ring that transforms the character into something big and powerful? Something like a dragon.
    An amulet that allows all races to dual class? (Not sure if something like this is possible)
  • NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
    parrker said:

How about a dagger that teleports the wielder to safety on successful backstab?
    A cursed ring that transforms the character into something big and powerful? Something like a dragon.
    An amulet that allows all races to dual class? (Not sure if something like this is possible)

All good ideas! The second one can definitely done. Using the template for the cursed "Iron Throne Ring" as a template that zombifies the wearer by changing the .EFF resource file into something like a Wyvern or Flesh Golemn it can definitely be done. Either that or hack the item to cast polymorph into a .CRE file either custom or premodified. Tried this concept with the polymorph spell and it worked to perfection. Brilliant!

The dagger is interesting but a bit complicated on account of the fact that a specific location on hit has to be selected. Maybe it can be integerated with the Dimension Door spell but that would require manual selection for the teleport. No good. Interesting, worth looking into!

I fear the amulet is uncraftable with the variables NI provides but the great aspect about both NI and particulary EEKeeper is that charcaters can be customized of any race as a dual class.

For example a Dwarf can be premade as a level 3 Envoker and level 1 Fighter. When the fighter class level reaches level 4 the evoker abilities will unlock.

In terms of naturally being able to dual class from say level 1 I'm uncertain whether that option can be enabled for a character of any given race. Example, a preset customization to allow a lvl 1 Envoker Dwarf Mage to become a Fighter at lvl 2. Worth looking into.
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    A dagger that casts teleport field on backstab would probably be more practical. Just cause a lot of chaos while you make your getaway.
  • parrkerparrker Member Posts: 22
    Can the dragon/wyvern/golem polymorph ring set the Reputation to 1 as well? This would cause all guards to attack you, and it could be fun to take a walk around the streets of Baldur's Gate.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

Make the "Heart of the Golem" dagger live up to it's name. :D

Small chance (say 5%) of it turning the wielder, on hit, into an iron golem for one turn.

I never use it though I never get rid of it, but something like this would be a lot of encouragement to actually use it.