Skip to content

Compiler error after last 2 stable releases

Since the last stable release and now with this stable release when I compile the scripts on my module, one file gives a "too many include levels" error and won't compile. These scripts have been part of my pw and are basically unchanged since shortly after 1.69 was released and have compiled for all that time without issue. Did something in the compiler revert?

Comments

• Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    edited July 2018
    Well, there was this nugget:
    Script Compiler: We now allow escaping backslashes (“\”).

That change alone allowed one of my dmfi scripts to start compiling again. There are still some syntax things floating around, though. Perhaps it's best if you post the type of compiling error you are receiving, as well as posting it in this area, EE Scripting Forum
  • dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    "too many include levels" <= is exactly the error I receive :)
  • virusmanvirusman Member, Developer Posts: 173
    The only way to make sure this is investigated and fixed is to file a ticket on Redmine and attach the scripts that fail to compile.
  • dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    It's one script. an old hcr on player death script, updated for horses with many includes but the one that has the most buried includes is x3_inc_horse which ends up with around 10 different bioware includes. I've tried making one monolithic file but it ended up at over 40,000 lines and threw an error because undoubtedly I made a mistake in the definition order by pasting to the bottom. This all worked flawlessly before the last stable release. There are no escaped errors "\\", just the one error, too many include levels.
  • virusmanvirusman Member, Developer Posts: 173
    Either way, Redmine is the proper place to report bugs.
    shadguy