Skip to content

Hiding helmets as a player?

So, I know the game now has scripting to hide helmets. That's great if I'm making my own module and want to create, I dunno, a circlet or something that doesn't replace the entire head. I'm trying to figure out how I can use it if I'm just playing a module and don't want to see the game's incredibly ugly helmets. There's an ini setting to make cloaks invisible, but no such setting for helmets, as far as I can tell.

My question is, how can I make helmets go away when I'm playing an arbitrary module that I didn't make myself? Is there an option I don't see? Some way I don't know about to make the game run the hide helmet script automatically? Does anyone know of a hak that does this (I can't find one)? Is this just impossible? I hope not. I literally bought the EE upon seeing that we could hide helmets now. There are a few other new features that I quite like, but honestly, it sounds silly, but this was the feature that got me to buy the game. I'd really like to be able to use it.

Comments

• MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145
    The easiest thing to do would be to add an OnPlayerChat script to add something like /cloak and /helmet to toggle those parts.

You’d just have to make that minor edit in whatever module you’re going to play.