Skip to content

EEkeeper periodic effect (opcode 261)

MythalarMythalar Member Posts: 68
Hey there,

For testing purpose I would like to set an effect "restore a level X spell each round" (or each turn or whatever actually).

So I added an effect Spell: restore spell with EEkeeper, set the level and type but I cannot set it right to make it a periodic and permanent effect (if doable at all).

Does anybody have any idea?

Thanks!

Comments

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Mmmh I'm afraid this will be a tad more complicated. You will probably need to make a spell that uses OPcode 261 to restore spells and Opcode 146 to recast it on yourself after 6 seconds (1 round).

I've attached a spell (that I did not test but it should work) that restores a level 1 spell every round
  • MythalarMythalar Member Posts: 68
    edited July 2018
    Oh thank you,

I figured it could not be that easy ...

I'll test this spell as soon as I can.

Edit: works perfectly, except for one thing: the game displays an "Invalid: 34005" each round but i cannot guess why
    Post edited by Mythalar on
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Mythalar said:

Oh thank you,

I figured it could not be that easy ...

I'll test this spell as soon as I can.

Edit: works perfectly, except for one thing: the game displays an "Invalid: 34005" each round but i cannot guess why

Found why: spell name line was said to be line 34005 in my dialog.tlk file (strange since I don't even have that many lines but whatever...)

The one in this post should work!
    This one is just fine for the wizard part !

But there is another strange issue: I duplicated this spell, called it ZKRESTA, edited the first effect to affect priest spell instead of wizard ones, edited the second effect to recast ZKRESTA and edited the spell to remove ZKRESTA after casting it.
    At first it seems to work eg if i have a priest spell as a shortcut i can see the spell restored (0 ->1), but not cast it again ( and it does not show in the spell bar). Furthermore each round I can see one more use of the same spell "fakely" restored but still cannot cast it ...

For exemple the protection from evil spell in this sreenshot (initially one protection spell and one light cure memorized)

Have done some tests, the altered divine version works as intended on a shaman character but not on a druid/priest or any multi class with those two.

The arcane one works with wizard/sorceror/multi.

On a cleric/mage if i use borh i have wizard spells restored but not priest ones (well same as above: spell numbers keep going up but no actual effect).

Kind of weird -_-'
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Mythalar said:

Have done some tests, the altered divine version works as intended on a shaman character but not on a druid/priest or any multi class with those two.

it's fixed in v2.5 - https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/22532
    Oh so that's ok (well as far as a bug is ok).

Many thanks =)