Skip to content

NWN Freezes on server list screen

KendrixArgonKendrixArgon Member Posts: 4
edited March 2018 in Technical Support
HI, after release i cant browser server list, game completly freezes. I've tried already disabling steam overlay and antivirus, reinstall on another drive and removed all items from workshop but nothings changed. During early access or even yesterday serverlist worked fine for me. Dump files are not created on freeze.

My rig, if it matters:
Ryzen R7 1800X
16gb ddr4 2400
RX 580
Win 10-64bit

Comments

• 0Lime0Lime Member Posts: 1
    Having the exact same issue. Tried reinstalling the game and it worked for a little bit but it came back and now reinstalling doesn't fix it.
  • KendrixArgonKendrixArgon Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2018
    Also sometimes it unfreezes(don't know if massclicking on screen, makes it unfreeze), so i can use direct connect option, but still i have empty server list. My favourite tab have greyd out addresses that i cant click.

How to unfreeze game after clicking "join multiplayer game"
    0. you can start game as usual
    1. Wait 5-10 sec
    2. start massclicking, anywhere, untill you see spinning windows cursor.
    3. Move your cursor to middle of your screen, fast click few times.
    4. Screen gonna flicker few times, at the end either you have unfreezed game with empty server list or windows dialog with text nwn doesnt respond if that happends, click close program and start over. I have over 80% success rate on this method.

Hope someone find it useful
    Post edited by KendrixArgon on
  • AlibertoAliberto Member Posts: 80
    I noticed something important, i have two telephone operators at home. With the wind/3 company i have exactly the same problem, but with the Telecom company everything works perfectly.
    It is not a problem of dns because i always use google dns. It could be a filter on some door, but we must solve because not everyone has this possibility.
  • LittleGLittleG Member Posts: 1
    Yeah I have the same exact problem as Kendrix pointed out.
  • LeafbackLeafback Member Posts: 1
    I also have this issue.

A potentially related issue... In connecting to a LAN game of Infinite Dungeons the host computer has everything act fine, but the following had happened:
    • Connecting player gets "player name not accepted by the server" UNLESS their player name is checked off as default and they then try to reconnect.

• Connecting player sees everyone as naked and itemless. Host player sees normal clothing upon everyone.

• Connecting player cannot move* when click-moving. Host player sees connecting player move normally.

• Connecting player cannot see their own portrait, it appears as a black box. Host player sees connecting players' portraits fine.

• *When connecting player clicks on the kid at the entrance of the dungeon, they will experience a lag then suddenly port over next to him in conversation. The host player sees this whole event as the connecting player running to the kid and then talking to him, which accounts for the lag.
    These bugs were attempted between Computer A and Computer B (specs below) duplicating each of these bugs several times, once as host, once as client.

Computer A:
    Win 10 64bit
    Intel i7 2600
    12 gigs DDR3
    GeForce GTX 960

Computer B:
    Win 10 64bit
    Intel i5 4570
    24 gigs
    GeForce GTX 770
  • VaitalionVaitalion Member Posts: 3
    Having same issue, along with a friend - Both early access purchasers.
  • HunterRayder93HunterRayder93 Member Posts: 266
    Same problem as I access the server list the game crashes,If I do restore program in game, I get unlocked but the server list is not there, and those saved in beta previously played makes them gray with Nunknow and a serial number below ... this is very strange.
  • KendrixArgonKendrixArgon Member Posts: 4
    This is weird, problem disappeared... for now
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hello, everyone! Is it better now?
  • VaitalionVaitalion Member Posts: 3
    Looks good for me now.
  • HunterRayder93HunterRayder93 Member Posts: 266
    edited March 2018

It also has me does not make me a problem even if I'm noticing that entering a game makes me mistake "impossible to participate mancaza premium form please contact the site Bioware.com" and yet I have all the premium modules ... I think it's something broken with that strange pathc of yesterday.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724

It also has me does not make me a problem even if I'm noticing that entering a game makes me mistake "impossible to participate mancaza premium form please contact the site Bioware.com" and yet I have all the premium modules ... I think it's something broken with that strange pathc of yesterday.
    Please, file a bug report on support.baldursgate.com
  • Lord_SpamalotLord_Spamalot Member Posts: 1
    Having this issue. Is there a fix for this?
    @Lord_Spamalot Hard to tell without details. Please, report at support.baldursgate.com to hear from our QA.