Skip to content

Henchman Bugs

HeartHeart Member Posts: 18
So in my playthrough of Shadows of Undrentide, I've been having a steady issue with the Henchmen, mostly minor bugs that don't matter too much. However, after moving from the first Chapter on to the "Interlude" chapter, the problems have rapidly spiraled a bit out of control.

The entire playthrough, Dorna, the companion I chose, had a habit of attacking me as a hostile despite still being friendly anytime my fireballs or other spells managed to harm her as well as the enemies (I'm playing on Hardcore Mode). This, of course, seemed a minor bug, so I didn't report it.

However, near the end of the campaign, she began to have issues with keeping up with me. Pathing, proper movement, and so forth were rapidly going out the window and she was constantly left behind.

When I moved forward and entered the Interlude with her, initially, the problems seemed to have fixed themselves. However, after entering the stinger caves she continued to instead of being too far behind, practically teleport on top of me constantly. Similarly, her pathing caused her to run into walls repeatedly trying to chase the digging (teleporting) stingers in the tunnels.

This was still bearable. However, finally, we came to a point where she outright refused to remove traps and unlock doors, even when directly commanded to do so. I tried reloading the save, restarting the game, and so forth to no avail.

Any idea what is causing this, how to fix it, and so forth? I've gone in on DM side to manually force the problem, but it's a bit tedious and really odd that I'd even need to do so honestly.

A video of the last few issues from my playthrough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFcGZipn52A

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    @Heart Can you please report this at support.baldursgate.com - the bug tracker - so that our QA could look at your files (please attach the zip of your save and information about your system).