Skip to content

New armor models?

BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
I just got totally blindsided and bowled over when I started an OC run today, with my Steam NWN:EE set to automatically update, and it looks like the armor models have been tweaked.

I've got two screenshots of studded leather, and I've seen half-plate, but couldn't get a screen shot to work just yet. I will post more screenshots of the new armor models as I put them on my cleric-fighter.

Any help getting screenshots of new models posted in this thread would be greatly appreciated.

Gone are the clunky waists and bell-shaped unflattering figures for males!

Here are the new studded leather models on my male character:

Post edited by BelgarathMTH on

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Chain shirt from Olgerd:

Chainmail from Elwynd:

A different model for crates?

Splint mail from the skeleton room. The main differences in chain and splint seem to be around the waist and legs, and a slightly less bulky chestplate. It takes a sharp eye for detail to see some of the differences from the original models. I'm seeing so many things that look enhanced all of a sudden, I'm starting to wonder if I'm just imagining things. :shrug:

• MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145
    They’ve been releasing updated models/textures as steam workshop overrides.

What you might be noticing is the new sharpen effect in the new patch.
    MadHatter said:

They’ve been releasing updated models/textures as steam workshop overrides.

What you might be noticing is the new sharpen effect in the new patch.

That's entirely possible. At least I'm not going nuts to see some kind of difference. I still find this "sharpening" to be very exciting, and it makes me very excited to anticipate what Beamdog will continue to do to improve the visuals for NWN.
  • numosnumos Member Posts: 14
    There is also a bug where shoulder and belt pieces aren't rendering 100% of the time. Saving and reloading, or rejoining, seems to fix it. So I don't think its a matter of those particular (bulky) parts you find on the default armor being fine-tuned, they're just not displaying on your client.
    numos said:

There is also a bug where shoulder and belt pieces aren't rendering 100% of the time. Saving and reloading, or rejoining, seems to fix it. So I don't think its a matter of those particular (bulky) parts you find on the default armor being fine-tuned, they're just not displaying on your client.

That's possible too. I guess I got excited over not much.

I still like the look better, if that's what's happening. I remembered later that you could do some of these appearance tweaks using the armor crafting radial menu.
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    numos said:

It also happens in the toolset.

Switching body model will fix it until the next empty space then it bugs out again.

I switched to an old version I had on my server until the issue is resolved as It was making it next to impossible to finish my clothing hak.

:(