Skip to content

Damn you restartis!!!!

Well, I just hit the Underdark before I started thinking "oh what if I had done my char THIS way.." so I'm gonna start over now. Agh. At least I made it farther than normal (normally restarts pre Spellhold)

Might even make the effort into doing a no death run (NOT a no reload, I'm too wimpy for that, but if I die or I would have died and reloaded, game over) but no guarantees there.

Damn it restartis. The incurable disease that plagues all RPG games.

Comments

• OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Hopefully big pharma come up with a cure for restartitis someday.
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    Ehh.. i feel ya.

I can't even decide which game to start in, cos i feel like i want a complete run, but on the other hand i am really god damn tired of bg1.
    So I've been jumping back and forth, not really getting anywhere because i change my mind before i get moving much.

And to make matters worse, i can't decide if i wanna be F/T, F/M/T, F/C or do a tiny cheat and be a Fighter/Swashbuckler for juicy AC and high APR, but it just feels wrong to cheat - yet it's still worse than a F/M in every way, shape and form despite the "cheat", so i shouldn't feel cheap for it xD
    I also wanna play an Archer or a Cavalier, but i know deep down that those two will be boring once i get to lvl 12-13 in BG2 as their progression kind of stops and their utility/multi purpose is bare minimum.

I also can't decide if i wanna go for half-orc, for the obvious benefits of Con/Str in a F/T or a F/C, or half-elf for RP purposes (romance, aesthetics), so that's causing me a headache as well.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Underdark? Lawd, I reckon I've been stuck in BG1 with it for about a year now (too many new mods and such). B)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    My restartitis tends to hit between the Friendly Arm Inn and Nashkel Mine. If I make it past there, I typically go on to do the whole series.
  • Joan_DaroJoan_Daro Member Posts: 112
    I have a personal "perfect build" which is 15 priest of Talos dualed to mage. I tend to restart the game because of questions like "what if I kept the cleric stronghold" or "what if I didn't mess up the impossible mission of Jaheira". The last restart happened because I wanted to get the Deck of Many Things before dualing to mage.
    I made it to the throne like, twice? But I have over thirty savefiles, same name and same character build, scattered in every chapter of the trilogy.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited July 2018
    just recently had a case of it. was not really feeling the mod quest i installed so decided to do a fresh install rather then just leave it there and do a restart. thankfully that was only 4 hours in an i barly did anything.