Skip to content

Cool Cloak of Helm

BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
So I got this cool Cloak of Fortification +1 at the Temple of Helm in the Beggar's Nest of Neverwinter. It has the holy symbol of Helm on the back. I've never seen it before. Is it from Beamdog? The only mods I have installed are Real Skies Lite, Amethyst Dragon's Project Reforged (which I think only changes weapon models), HD Shields, and the CEP. Since this is the OC, I don't think the CEP does anything. So who gets credit for the awesome cloak? And, I would like to see more cloaks in the game that have recognizable holy symbols on the back, please. They're fantastic for roleplaying paladins and clerics.

Comments

• pscythepscythe Member Posts: 116
    Just had a look, it was there back in the Diamond Edition too. So I suppose that is from Bioware!
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    pscythe said:

Just had a look, it was there back in the Diamond Edition too. So I suppose that is from Bioware!

Strange that I never saw it or noticed it before. Interesting. I'll have to pay more attention. Maybe the problem was that I usually rush through the Beggar's Nest and rarely even talk to the merchant in the Temple of Helm there; I only usually turn in the quest and get out of there.

How long has 1.69 been supporting cloak animations and offering multiple cloak designs and colors at merchants in the OC?

I'd still like to see more cloaks, and shields as well, with Forgotten Realms holy symbols on them. Does anyone know if there are other cloaks or shields with holy symbols on them from either 1.69 or the CEP?
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    Cloak models have been in the game for 10 or maybe 12 years or so?

There are many holy symbol cloaks I think mostly in the CEP and separate haks. There are many shield models in the CEP with holy symbols too.
  • pscythepscythe Member Posts: 116
    I think visible cloaks first appeared in 1.68
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    There is an illithid merchant in HotU which sells you several cloaks that not only have holy symbols on them, but are also true to the official colors of the holy symbols (at least to my knowledge).

Helm:

Torm:

Cyric:
  • Drewbert_ahoyDrewbert_ahoy Member Posts: 96
    The cloak symbols might have been DLA additions that came with Wyvern Crown. Not sure. They've been around for a long time.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264

The cloak symbols might have been DLA additions that came with Wyvern Crown. Not sure. They've been around for a long time.

I think so. They added Purple Dragon Knight symbology to a lot of things. There is also a cloak model with a Purple Dragon Knight symbol on it (granted the dragon doesn't have to be purple).
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited August 2018
    Tresset said:

I think so. They added Purple Dragon Knight symbology to a lot of things. There is also a cloak model with a Purple Dragon Knight symbol on it (granted the dragon doesn't have to be purple).

Just a little fun fact of Forgotten Realms trivia: The Purple Dragon Knights actually took their name from Thauglorimorgorus, a great wyrm black dragon so old that his scales had faded from ebony to violet.