Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Is TNO the most powerful being in D&D universes?

MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 262
And I am talking towards end of the game. Although gods might be out of the question. I don't have enough deep knowledge to compare him to Elminster, Bigby, or any of those lich kings, but I have reasons to believe he overpowers them. In any cases, I cans't picture any kind of PC from an D&D game being more powerful than him.

Post edited by MonoCanalla on

Comments

• ShandyrShandyr Member Posts: 7,735

In any cases, I cans't picture any kind of PC from an D&D game being more powerful than him.

Lothar and the Lady of Pain beg to differ.

Proont
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 605
    edited December 2017
    Was Lothar really that big outside his ability to overcome the Nameless immortality? But then again a lot of objects were capable of that. Wasn't he more of a scholar with a ton of knowledge?

I haven't read a lot of Forgotten realms novels, but as far as I can tell power levels.. aren't particularly consistent? At the very least the D&D adaptations don't seem interested in being consistent, nor do I expect them to be.

MotB makes a strong case for a really powerful PC though, but it's not canon of course.

Post edited by batoor on
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 1,070
    i feel game wise. it's a toss up between tno and an evil charname in motb.

• rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,750
    Is TNO technically an undead?

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 2,500
    TNO's unique state resembles more an amnesic 'avatar' of a god-like being that merely returns to the source when killed - only to reappear short time later with his memories erased, again.

• MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 262
    Also, take the mage level for TNO with those character stats to a more complete rolebook like the one of ToB...

I'd think TNO is just lacking the mage spellbook and the equipment that characters like the spawn of Bhaal has access. But still. That souldn't make the difference, as TNO just needs a trip to Toril to make things even.

But I wish I have more knowledge about powerful characters in Forgotten Realms, or those powerful mages from Greyhawk to be able to judge.

• ArthasArthas Member Posts: 387
    I've got another issue. Why is he not mentioned anywhere beside the game themselves? Surely he should be an asset given how powerful he is.

Or maybe he willed himself out of existence?

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 1,581
    Did you know that there is no experience cap in Planescape Torment? The Nameless One can potentially reach over level 100. This might seem like an oversight, but it actually isn't. There is a part of the game that recognizes if you are at a ridiculous level: the Transcendent One. The game spawns different Transcendent One creatures depending on how high level the Nameless One is.
    • The weakest Transcendent One appears if the Nameless One is level 18 or lower.
    • A stronger form appears if the Nameless One is between levels 19 and 33.
    • An even stronger form appears if the Nameless One is between levels 34 and 66.
    • A yet stronger form appears if the Nameless One is between levels 67 and 89.
    • The strongest Transcendent One appears if the Nameless One is at least level 90.
    By the way, here are the stats of the version of the Transcendent One for when you're at least level 90:

(By the way, this Transcendent One may be another contender for the most powerful being)

What this means is that the idea of the Nameless One potentially being a level 90 character is an idea that the developers entertained.

Gusinda
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 262
    Arthas said:

I've got another issue. Why is he not mentioned anywhere beside the game themselves? Surely he should be an asset given how powerful he is.

Or maybe he willed himself out of existence?

You know, when you have INT twentysomething and are THAT powerful...

• ArthasArthas Member Posts: 387
    Issue is that playing the pawn in a war wouldn't be the best (and logical) outcome.