Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition 2.5 Beta Update for Google Play

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
Android players, gather your party and venture forth with a new 2.5 beta update for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition!

The latest beta update is now live on Google Play!

Check out the patch notes here: http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/05/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-25-beta.html

Comments

• lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Hmmm, the download of 3gb is a bit steep for my phone or is that a full reinstall and it clears out data not needed?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @lroumen The beta is a separate app/download (if compared to the retail version).
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Ah! Then I misunderstood. :)
  • Luis85Luis85 Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2018
    Hi
    report a graphical bug following the beta update, character creation no longer appears in the person,the spellin general, the tabs no longer show the numbers or are with obvious graphic errors tabs are not displayed,

I useversion android - tab galaxy 3
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Im with @Iroumen, I misunderstood, thank you @JuliusBorisov you the man. :D
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    @JuliusBorisov
    Hi, I don't know if this bug was already reported (I didn't find it anywhere on forums), but I will try it report here - Important thing - it is new bug in 2.5 beta Android version of game (in previous versions for Android there wasn't this problem) - and it concerns only new NPCs (Rasaad, Neera, Dorn) and their content.
    So problem is - when there is some cutscene where player doesn't control the game (for example in Neera's quest in Wild forest area, where are some wild magic traps - like when party with Neera bumps into three Gnolls in northwest part of that area, which are pursuit by illusion of Ettin, that moments later disappears) and the game UI hides itself, then after the cutscene ends and battle follows, the game UI don't appear back, so you can't access inventory, give orders to your NPCs, or anything else.
    Same bug also happens at the Twofold against Sharans battle in front of the monastery in Rasaad's quest.
    (I hope, that I described it understandably o:) )
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited June 2018
    @Caszidy This sounds bad. Please, report is at https://support.baldursgate.com/ !
  • GirlaenGirlaen Member Posts: 1
    Mam ten sam problem, brak interfejsu zadanie (Rassada):-(.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Caszidy said:

@JuliusBorisov
    Hi, I don't know if this bug was already reported (I didn't find it anywhere on forums), but I will try it report here - Important thing - it is new bug in 2.5 beta Android version of game (in previous versions for Android there wasn't this problem) - and it concerns only new NPCs (Rasaad, Neera, Dorn) and their content.
    So problem is - when there is some cutscene where player doesn't control the game (for example in Neera's quest in Wild forest area, where are some wild magic traps - like when party with Neera bumps into three Gnolls in northwest part of that area, which are pursuit by illusion of Ettin, that moments later disappears) and the game UI hides itself, then after the cutscene ends and battle follows, the game UI don't appear back, so you can't access inventory, give orders to your NPCs, or anything else.
    Same bug also happens at the Twofold against Sharans battle in front of the monastery in Rasaad's quest.
    (I hope, that I described it understandably o:) )

I've been getting this issue in Windows version BG2EE since patch 2.x

Whenever Neera or Rassad's "ambush" encounters trigger, the cutscenes lock up the game. I've reported it multiple times, but its been persistent for every release bujild of 2.x for me.
  • QwerSmQwerSm Member Posts: 1
    Hello! On my Lenovo tab 2 A10 (10 ", fullhd, mali- T760MP2) there is a problem, it seems like a low resolution, the fonts are not clear.The 'Scale user interface' option does not change anything.In version 1.3 everything was fine, the fonts and the image quality was better.
    @QwerSm Can you please make a screenshot of what you see and upload it at support.baldursgate.com as a bug report? Thanks in advance!
  • mears11mears11 Member Posts: 2
    Once again, cross-platform multiplayer is broke. How can I downgrade my steam install on mac and my android version so they match again?
  • JDTJDT Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2018
    Massively disappointed. The 2.5 update on BE2EE caused a huge downgrade in graphics quality and a torrent of poor reviews on the play store because of this.

I would have assumed Beamdog would have fixed this before rolling out 2.5 to BGEE but no such luck. Low resolution, blurry, tiny text.

Is this likely to actually get a fix?