Skip to content

Help Me Find A PW That Fits!

I would like to play on a persistent world but I've had a devil of a time trying to find one that doesn't alienate me in some way. So I figured maybe someone here might be able to point me one that I'll enjoy.

There are things I can adapt to and things I can't. Here's what I am looking for:

PW Action: I absolutely do not want to be on a heavy role playing server. I prefer playing solo most of the time but I enjoy the PW atmosphere and encountering and sometimes partying with other players. That means soloing needs to be reasonably viable. I like getting up to dungeon crawls, slaying mobs, and generally have some good old fashioned hack and slash fun. I don't want to deal with not being able to speak in ooc chat, rules against grinding mobs, perma-death/level-loss from death, or dealing with "realistic" systems of needing food/water/bedroll etc. I just wanna be able to explore, do quests, enjoy a good story, slay mobs, and take their stuff!

Consensual PVP Only: I have no desire to engage in pvp. If a PW has pvp it has to be consensual for me to even consider playing there.

No timed rest restrictions: I'm ok with resting being limited to designated safe spots but if I play a caster I don't want to have to tab out and watch netflix waiting till I can rest and recover my spells. Making me wait 10-20 minutes until I can continue my adventure is a non-starter for me. Even in pencil and paper D&D the gm will gloss over the time with a simple "you rest and time passes". They don't make you sit there staring at them for 20 minutes of real time before they continue with the story.

Character Build Freedom: Don't tell me I can't take a level of Paladin with my Sorcerer. Don't tell me Monks aren't allowed to multi-class. Don't tell me I have to stay within a certain range of levels with each of my classes if I multi-class. I can get behind respecting alignment restrictions like no mixing Paladin & Blackguard, but otherwise I want to be able to build my character how I want.

So are there any PW's that can tick those boxes for me? I'll understand if there isn't but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.
Aaezil

Comments

• drillerdriller Member Posts: 17
    Blackstone Keep has most of what you want, except for the resting part, but it's only 4 real time minutes.

It is an RP-Lite/Action based world.

RP is encouraged, but not enforced. You can hack and slash/grind to your heart's content, talk ooc etc.
    Soloing is viable, this depends on your build though. If you do join a party, there is instanced loot.
    No perma death or level loss. No realistic systems.

PvP is consensual. Of course, hostile actions towards another player is considered consent. But, no one should come up and attack you for no reason.

You can build your character the way you want.
    Nic_Mercy
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    driller said:

Blackstone Keep has most of what you want, except for the resting part, but it's only 4 real time minutes.

It is an RP-Lite/Action based world.

RP is encouraged, but not enforced. You can hack and slash/grind to your heart's content, talk ooc etc.
    Soloing is viable, this depends on your build though. If you do join a party, there is instanced loot.
    No perma death or level loss. No realistic systems.

PvP is consensual. Of course, hostile actions towards another player is considered consent. But, no one should come up and attack you for no reason.

You can build your character the way you want.

Thanks for the reply! I'll check it out! Sounds like it might be a decent fit for me :D
  • DefiantShadeDefiantShade Member Posts: 21
    Feel free to take a look at Seviss Isles as well, not much in the way of scripted quests at the moment but plenty of places to adventure in. There are persistent henchmen for hire as well to aid solo players. take a look at the post in this forum, has links to the steam group page and a discord server.

Feel free to take a look at Seviss Isles as well, not much in the way of scripted quests at the moment but plenty of places to adventure in. There are persistent henchmen for hire as well to aid solo players. take a look at the post in this forum, has links to the steam group page and a discord server.

I will certainly give it a look!

Also, I have tried Blackstone Keep and it seems a decent fit for me so far!
  • Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    Don't forget World of Greyhawk Action Server. Has everything you want, but there is an 8 minute resting restriction. More for immersion than as a restriction.
    I would recommend World of Greyhawk, too. It's an Action Server, and your request described this PW relatively close. Huge dungeons, persistent quest system, very large world and intricate world. There is a resting restriction, but it's minor and more for immersion than as any artificial restriction.
    Don't forget World of Greyhawk Action Server. Has everything you want, but there is an 8 minute resting restriction. More for immersion than as a restriction.
    I would recommend World of Greyhawk, too. It's an Action Server, and your request described this PW relatively close. Huge dungeons, persistent quest system, very large world and intricate world. There is a resting restriction, but it's minor and more for immersion than as any artificial restriction.
    Stupid forum.
    GM_ODAshadguy
  • icywind1980icywind1980 Member Posts: 11
    I'd like to recommend Soul Forge.

We are a PW Action server. We like to RP sometimes, DM's come on to do events sometimes and if there is a story going on, most will join. Otherwise there is a lot of OOC banter and shenanigans. We play the game to have fun, not suffer restrictive rules. You don't need anything to rest besides a safe spot, which can be a bit of a distance away sometimes. No food, water bedrolls etc. All of that is annoying.

We have a persistent respawning system where you can grind to your heart's content. Our wiki and website show where all the gear is. Some of it is level restricted and, in some cases, class restricted but you will find no forbidden class combos here. Solo is easy or hard depending on class builds. Most people have no problem soloing up until the mid 20's. Epic level stuff is suitably challenging.

It is a full PVP server, but that is just a setting for casting spells. We have an arena for PVP and there hasn't been an active PVP club in ages. TBH, most of us just can't be bothered to PVP.

Just let me know if you have any more questions. Here is a link to our website and discord.

https://soulforge.nwn1.net
    https://discord.gg/FjkUQc2
  • ACN_MilliornACN_Milliorn Member Posts: 4
    Server name: ACN ALPHA

Module name: A Carpathian Nightmare

Password: Password

Levels: 1 - 60
    Servervault
    Party PvP
    IP: 72.208.141.157

Server Status
    https://nwn.beamdog.net

A Carpathian Nightmare - Forums
    http://acnpoa.proboards.com/

A Carpathian Nightmare - Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/a.carpathian.nightmare
    I appreciate the suggestions! I will check them out as time allows!