Skip to content

I continue to be "discovered " by the drow...

...in the underdark. I get to the battle with the flayers, and then in the middle of the battle, a dialog box comes up that says, basically, I've been discovered by the drow, which is going to make things difficult. I complete the battle, and Solaufien is gone.

I believe I've done everything right so far - to not too them off- but evidently not.

I will attach a game save as well, in case tech support looks at it. It seems buggy to me.

Any help appreciated.

D

Comments

• DMacTheDestoyerDMacTheDestoyer Member Posts: 6
    Attached a copy of my game save in case anybody can tell me what I did or did not do.
    Thanks
    BTW - running bg2 enhanced on a Samsung S6
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    If you don't fight anything, are you still detected by the Drow around the same time? Are you using area of effect spells in combat? Its possible you are hitting some neutral Drow with AOEs and when they aggro, the whole city does. Drow questgivers also put fairly strict time limits on their quests. So if you took too long to finish the quest, it also breaks your cover.
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    It's hard to tell what exactly tripped off being discovered with a save that is after the fact, though I think I might see something: is that Solaufein dead on the ground next to your party? If I remember correctly, if either Solaufein or Phaere die in that encounter you are instantly discovered, even if it was an enemy that killed them.
    ThacoBell - the time limit was an excellent idea. I checked between game saves and only 3 hours had expired. Thanks though.
    Bubb - that is probably it. He probably did die because I was standing off until the flayers had burned up some of their juju on a few monsters I had spawned haha. Then we came in and killed them all.
    I will try to keep Solaufien from getting killed...I guess. Ill let you know how it worked out.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Deathspell will kill all those enemies instantly and not harm the dolts you need to protect.