Skip to content

Monks and APR

I've noticed now that when I hit level 7, I gained an extra 1/2 APR with all weapons, not just fist weapons. Is this normal? I'm on mobile with version 1.3. I'm happy because low level monks take a lot patience and this relieves some of the struggle.

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    It's one of the things the EE changed compared to vanilla. Effectively they've classified monks as martial characters for this purpose (though they still don't gain HP bonuses for constitution over 16).
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Wait, so a monk can have multiple APR with weapons now? That'll be handy when their fist enchantment isn't high enough.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    It is a noticeable benefit yes - though the biggest change to making weapons competitive is still when the monk starts getting whirlwinds.
  • BoncadoBoncado Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the replies! This is good to know. I finally got Spirit Armor for my Mage, so I can swap out my bracers of defence for the +THACO and DMG gauntlets. It sure has been tough for my monk, but I know it will pay off in the long run.
  • BoncadoBoncado Member Posts: 4
    And now with the Cloak of Balduran, Guards Ring +2, and the Claw of Kazgaroth I can get my AC below -10 and my spell saving throws are in the negatives. My THACO isn't great, but it's a good start. Can't wait for my unarmed damage to be worthwhile :pensive: