Skip to content

Query about writing interjections

smyth25smyth25 Member Posts: 219
Hey it's me, posting a second time within in a 3 day timespan with my modding woes.
Right now I want to begin writing interjections for my custom NPC, but I am having trouble trying to make it work properly, here is what I have so far:

I_C_T2 KALAH2 8 Kahmyl
== CWMYLEJ IF ~InParty("CWMYLES") InMyArea("CWMYLES") !StateCheck("CWMYLES", CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~
THEN ~I feel kinda sorry for him to be honest... I know the pain of being mocked and jeered at on stage.~
END

My character is meant to interject after Kalah's last words, but whenever I test it in game it will always skip Jaheira's interjection, as well as the cutscene and Aerie's interjection. Quayle also goes on to say something about how Aerie is stifled in the circus.

I assume Interject_Copy_Trans2 is the appropriate dialogue command, after all when I use I_C_T then my custom NPC kills himself since that is what Kalah does. I'm hoping the malfunction is down to a very simple error on my part since I'm new to modding.

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited July 2018
    I_C_T2 only works if there is only one transition, not many differnent ones with different conditions. It is rather a source of errors and incompatibilities (because theoretically any mod before yours could have added another transition to the state you are interjecting into) so it's not recommended.
    I_C_T with a pass-back line of the original speaker is your choice here (then he will perform the following action).

Also:
    I_C_T2 KALAH2 8 Kahmyl
    Please keep in mind that the "Kahmyl" is the name of the global check variable so it should have your prefix.
  • smyth25smyth25 Member Posts: 219
    @jastey ok that makes sense, could you demonstrate how to pass the dialogue back?
    edited July 2018
    Something like this:

I_C_T KALAH2 8 CWKahmyl
    == CWMYLEJ IF ~InParty("CWMYLES") InMyArea("CWMYLES") !StateCheck("CWMYLES", CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~
    THEN ~I feel kinda sorry for him to be honest... I know the pain of being mocked and jeered at on stage.~
    == KALAH2 IF ~InParty("CWMYLES") InMyArea("CWMYLES") !StateCheck("CWMYLES", CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~
    THEN ~[Some related but not too obvious passback line]~
    END
    @jastey That worked like a charm, thanks for your help!
    edited July 2018
    Ok now I am at the stage when I am trying to add interjections into PLAYER1.dlg, at scenes such as dizziness on the stairs in spellhold and just before entering the tree of life. The feature of these dialogues that I am struggling with is that they are interjections that also include replies from Gorion's ward and I am not sure how to add these replies, when I try to it just causes errors in the installation. Unfortunately I don't really even have a square 1 for this query.

Edit: ah ok SHSforums is back up again and there was a good guide on there
    Post edited by smyth25 on
    edited July 2018
    Oh, very good! I was searching for this tutorial for your first question already but didn't find it, and there it is!