Skip to content

Are there any Skald song mod ?

DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
edited June 2018 in IWD:EE Mods
Hi,
Are there any mod that add skalds new songs, like vanilla bards ? And/or weaken the main song too.
If not exist, what type of songs will be fit ? which effects ?
Post edited by Danacm on

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Danacm said:

Hi,
    Are there any mod that add skalds new songs, like vanilla bards ? And/or weaken the main song too.
    If not exist, what type of songs will be fit ? which effects ?

I'm interested in doing this. I'm actually interested in revising all bards but using the iwdee version as the starting template. I like the idea of choosing multiple songs.

So, what are your thoughts on the matter?
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    Because of northern bard like names of Tales of the berserker king, march of the north etc.
    As for the effects: adding a separate offensive and defensive song, like one that adds thaco and dmg, and onhit stun, slow and a defensive that add ac and dr, as well as mind effect immunities.
    Inspired by the savage skald from pathfinder, I'm thinking of making a song that induces something like blood rage in the Skald's companions. I'm also keen on the Song of the Fallen, which would work like the horn of Valhalla:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/BARD/archetypes/paizo-bard-archetypes/savage-skald
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

Inspired by the savage skald from pathfinder, I'm thinking of making a song that induces something like blood rage in the Skald's companions. I'm also keen on the Song of the Fallen, which would work like the horn of Valhalla:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/BARD/archetypes/paizo-bard-archetypes/savage-skald

Didn't play and I already love it. The Skald is a class that I was about to modify exactly because of the song. Saves me the trouble.

Go get them, tiger!
    Raduziel said:

Didn't play and I already love it. The Skald is a class that I was about to modify exactly because of the song. Saves me the trouble.

Go get them, tiger!
    Lol, I'm already working on it. I'm altering the blade to be more like the 2e PnP version, which I think is petty good. Their song will cause fear and (mildly) inspire allies, and the defensive spin will be more like the pnp version. I'm not too fond of the pnp offensive spin, so that'll be a bit different. I'll probably have to nerf magic for them, though we'll see how it all pans out. They won't get any other performances, and they'll keep the penalties they have already, so maybe...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.