Skip to content

Hexxat Glitch, Please Help

Hey everyone!

So while I was in the Underdark and fighting Adalon, Hexxat died. Somehow (I'm guessing it has something to do with the wing buffet?) her vampiric mist form ended up outside of the playable area (see image). I can't teleport her using Ctrl+J and when she is removed from the party, she doesn't talk to me and she doesn't seem to be in the Copper Coronet when I teleport there after booting her. I can't actually rest or leave areas without CLUA Console as it says "Cannot rest when party is scattered" "Or you must gather your party before venturing forth." I have yet to actually wait the 8 or 24 hours it takes for her to respawn in game time but I suppose I could try it if there is no better alternative though I would be surprised if it worked.

So I have since started looking for another solution. In another save file I have used Console Commands to spawn a new hexxat and Ctrl+Q'd her into my party and gave her the exact experience my old one had. However, she still has Carsomir's Casque and my previous Hexxat finished her missions. After leaving the Underdark and making my way back to Athkatla, I tried using Console Commands and EEKeeper to spawn "The Claw of the Black Leopard" and "Shroud of the Unproven" to try and quickly finish her quests. This works up until trying to give the Shroud to Cabrina. She won't spawn in the Copper Coronet and she won't talk to me if I spawn her using CLUA. This method also doesn't update the quest journal.

Long story short, since I did the SoA quests already, I just want my high level Hexxat without Carsomir's Casque AND to be flagged for her ToB quest when I eventually import it. Is it possible to just EEKeeper the Casque out and input some command to flag her for her ToB quest? Does ToB not regard what happened in SoA in order for her questline to progress? Or is there some other method/CLUA Command/EEKeeper thing I could do which might work that I haven't considered?

Sorry for the long description but I really would love to get Hexxat to work and follow through her story into ToB. I recently got Two-Weapon Style with Celestial Fury and Kundane on her and I'm starting to really enjoy using her and I would hate having to ditch her because of a stupid one-in-a-million glitch I haven't seen anyone else encounter on these forums (based on my searching).

Thanks!

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Do you have the console enabled? You could use CTRL+T to advance game time by one hour. Just hit that for 8 hours and she should be back to her undead self.
  • Shrimpboy107Shrimpboy107 Member Posts: 13
    Just tried it. Unfortunately it didn't work. My guess is that its because the mist is still outside of the coffin. Thank you for the suggestion though.
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    Power-Word:Reload is pretty much your only option AFAIK.

I say this because in my experience Hexxat is 1 of the NPC's that is coded to leave if you haven't done her initial quest before Ch.4. So chances are spawning a new Hexxat will not let her do the quests in Ch.6.

However, should you wish to attempt to use the console to redo her quests/create a new Hexxat the following thread has some commands regarding Cabrina and various settings that *may* help.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/63699/console-commands-for-fast-quest-progression#latest

edited July 2018
    Yeah, I was following that forum to fast progress her quests but I can't get Cabrina to talk to me after giving me the Shroud of the Unproven quest. Probably because I already completed the quest before so putting it in my inventory doesn't flag the next Cabrina. If there is some global variable that would make it so Cabrina thinks I have the Shroud, that would be awesome but I'm not sure if that exists.

Also unfortunately, I saved over the game the second I beat Adalon (tough fight) and I don't have a backup. Lesson learned, I suppose.

Thanks for the help though!
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513

Yeah, I was following that forum to fast progress her quests but I can't get Cabrina to talk to me after giving me the Shroud of the Unproven quest. Probably because I already completed the quest before so putting it in my inventory doesn't flag the next Cabrina. If there is some global variable that would make it so Cabrina thinks I have the Shroud, that would be awesome but I'm not sure if that exists.

Also unfortunately, I saved over the game the second I beat Adalon (tough fight) and I don't have a backup. Lesson learned, I suppose.

Thanks for the help though!

Just fired up a save from after i completed Hexxat's SoA quests, seems:

Ohh_Cabrina gets set to 11 after the shroud is taken, when set to 6 she takes the claw, so all i can suggest is try 7,8,9,10 until you find the correct one. Full console command is:

C:SetGlobal("Ohh_Cabrina","Global",7)

If i was to guess i would say 10 is probably the correct setting. Hard to say if it will work due to you completing the quest before, but worth a shot.
    @Borek

Setting Cabrina's variable to 9 and then spawning her inside the Copper Coronet caused her to take the Shroud and then Hexxat's dialogue about finally being free came up after Cabrina left. Hexxat's Request quest is still incomplete in Chapter 6 but complete in Chapter 2 so hopefully this will still allow me to do her ToB quest.

Thank you so much for your help, hopefully everything will be fine come ToB!