Skip to content

Boots of stealth missing from Ulcaster?

Have the second set of Boots of Stealth that used to be found on a hobgoblin at Ulcaster been removed from the game? Not running any mods or anything but I seem to have missed the hobgoblin with the boots.

Comments

• GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    I'm pretty sure they were indeed removed.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Yeah, those are gone. It was a bug that replicated the Hobgoblin from the Stealth Boots quest, when the Ulcaster spawn should have been a normal hobgoblin.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Now ya get them from whichever hobgob you encounter first, with the other set being removed afterwards.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited July 2018
    edit - wrong post
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    ThacoBell said:

Yeah, those are gone. It was a bug that replicated the Hobgoblin from the Stealth Boots quest, when the Ulcaster spawn should have been a normal hobgoblin.

best part about the original game was you could actually be waylaid by that hobgoblin and he would have the boots of stealth, if i can recall from years and years back i had 4 pairs of boots of stealth because i was running into that guy all over the place

• PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    LOL. I played the original loads and that never happened to me. Or was it fixed in the TotSC version?

Generally I only have a use for one pair so I'd keep hold of the first pair until I visit Ulcaster and get the second pair, then turn the quest in for the XP.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Pingwin said:

LOL. I played the original loads and that never happened to me. Or was it fixed in the TotSC version?

Generally I only have a use for one pair so I'd keep hold of the first pair until I visit Ulcaster and get the second pair, then turn the quest in for the XP.

the TotSC version was the one i had where i was waylaid by that hobgob, i believe he will way lay you around the basilisk areas, so sometimes instead of being waylaid by a basilisk it will be that guy instead
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    That's an area that I'd visit once each game and never return to so that's probably why I never got waylaid by him.