Skip to content

Gorion healing vs.some dude healing.

Hi all.
Just out of curiousity, does anyonw know, why in vanilla BG1 when you leave Candlekeep for the first time it is your foster father that heals you, but in BG:EE it is done by some random dude?

Comments

• lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Gorion is a mage, he should not be able to have an healing spell. So in the EE you are now healed by a priest.
  • foma_mgppufoma_mgppu Member Posts: 115
    lefreut said:

Gorion is a mage, he should not be able to have an healing spell. So in the EE you are now healed by a priest.

I am such a derp. Yeah, that totally makes sense.
    Thank you
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Pretty sure it used to be a common interpretation that he was an illegal human mage/cleric multiclass because of that heal he does.

Though strictly speaking he could've just dualed to mage as early as level 2 and still had access that spell.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,313
    Gorion is a member of the Harpers and in that business being able to heal would be pretty useful. I don't see in principle why that couldn't be his special ability - lots of NPCs have those, not just Bhaalspawns.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Harpers also sometimes have "unusual" spells, like Jaheira who is able to cast two cleric-only spells despite being a druid.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    This was one of those changes that when I noticed it, I went, "That doesn't doesn't seem entirely necessary. Oh well." and then I forgot about it.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited August 2018
    In my headcanon Gorion was an alien copied by a doppelganger possesed by a demon who dual classed from Shaman (2) to Abjurer.

Beamdog ruined the game to me!!!