Skip to content

Edwin Kills Dynaheir, gives me 500GP Though He Was Never In My Party. Result, Yay

UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
So pretty much as in the title.

I'm playing a Necromancer (that's a first), and so with a heavy, heavy heart didn't even speak to Edwin.
Come back to Nashkel with Dynaheir in party, talk to Edwin and tell him I don't want either of them with me.
He kills Dynaheir (of course as he's a much better wizard) while we watch.

Then he goes into the "my reward speech" when I speak to him afterwards, and I say no to his offer of service (that was hard) and that I would prefer coin.
And he hands over 500GP.

Just goes to prove that this game still has something new to show me.
Is this original behavior or part of NPC Project?
Either way, it's a bit of a cheat as I didn't do anything. Didn't stop me taking the money though. :D
Permidion_StarkThacoBellCaptRory

Comments

• ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    I mean, you brought him Dynaheir. Without you he would've had to take a 3 day trek on foot and storm a fortress all by himself in order to even reach his target. I think that's worth 500 gold.
    Yann1989
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

I mean, you brought him Dynaheir. Without you he would've had to take a 3 day trek on foot and storm a fortress all by himself in order to even reach his target. I think that's worth 500 gold.

Or maybe it was for killing Minsc?
    (I always kill Minsc, somebody that dangerous needs to be stopped)
    Or maybe because I stepped back and watched the epic wizard battle between them?
    (Though Dynaheir had no spells or weapons having just picked her up from the Gnoll fortress so it really wasn't that epic...oops)

Yeah, yeah I know the game is just a construct of 1's and 0's and doesn't really have a life of it's own.....but....sometimes I wonder.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Sounds like NPC Project stuff to me.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @UnderstandMouseMagic "Or maybe it was for killing Minsc?
    (I always kill Minsc, somebody that dangerous needs to be stopped)"

Way to euthanize the disabled, huh? ;)
    UnderstandMouseMagic