Skip to content

Phase III: Quest Testing (721 / 721)

Comments

• SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    The same happened at the end of the next tier... When the fire giant is spawned, the group of red mages is still there.
    and if you replay the Battle 3: "How to Raise the Dead and Influence People" skeletons simply die without reason as soon as the battle starts and the necromancer acts strangely (sometimes just standing there or walking continously)
  • SasayakiSasayaki Member Posts: 137
    Dee said:

Sasayaki said:

Hi @Dee, you do know the form is bugged and can't be submitted, right?

I noticed the numbers haven't gone up that much since my full playthrough, have you guys seen that post?

Try it now; I've broken the form up into eleven pages, which should fix the problem.
    Done! I did everything so that's at least one full playthrough. :)
    Saradas said:

and if you replay the Battle 3: "How to Raise the Dead and Influence People" skeletons simply die without reason as soon as the battle starts and the necromancer acts strangely (sometimes just standing there or walking continously)

Strange, it worked for me; the undead died when the necromancer died.
  • ThunderSoulThunderSoul Member Posts: 125
    Saradas said:

@Basillicum That's the SoA ending and is only visible in BGEE if you use console, so not really a bug or missing content. They will add the StrRef when BG2EE is released

What are you talking about? What's BG1 gotta do with BG2? As far as logic goes, BG1 should know nothing of BG2.
  • ThunderSoulThunderSoul Member Posts: 125
    Thunder said:

Deio said:

Any reason why the bugreporting is going so slowly? I think I've probably reported on more than 500 of the "events" in the form.

Probably because they want more than a few reports per quest to make sure it works.
    That makes no sense and you're giving "thunder" a bad name. -_-
  • SacklarSacklar Member Posts: 54
    Just started a new game with a imported chr sheet and i tried to equip a +1 Dagger off of Gorion's Corpse. I keep gettng a error saying Migical Weapon is in use and want let me equip any weapons.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @Sacklar
    Did you import the character from a modded game with additional items?
    Might be a glitch if your modded char had items not actually in the game.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Sasayaki said:

Noticed a bug. If Dorn is turned to stone, then returned to flesh, his dialogue indicates that I'm kicking him out of the party ("You wish me to leave?").

He rejoins though if you choose the right option.

Something like this happens to all npcs. Becoming stone kicks them out of the party.
    So, a rejoin dialog is required.
    edited October 2013

Saradas said:

@Basillicum That's the SoA ending and is only visible in BGEE if you use console, so not really a bug or missing content. They will add the StrRef when BG2EE is released

What are you talking about? What's BG1 gotta do with BG2? As far as logic goes, BG1 should know nothing of BG2.

sorry, i meant at the end of ToB

Sasayaki said:

Noticed a bug. If Dorn is turned to stone, then returned to flesh, his dialogue indicates that I'm kicking him out of the party ("You wish me to leave?").

He rejoins though if you choose the right option.

Something like this happens to all npcs. Becoming stone kicks them out of the party.
    So, a rejoin dialog is required.
    It's actually not a problem with Dorn, since you can talk him back into staying with you, but Rasaad walks off camera and leaves.
  • ThimGrimThimGrim Member Posts: 75
    I would like to say big THANK YOU for all volunteers working on this beta but how long will it take? :D Are we there yet? Come on! Year after premiere there should be beta version at last ! ;)
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited October 2013
    Same here, i don't have time to test the beta on this phase and i'm really grateful to those who do it for the rest of us.

Also i don't really get the whole point of the quest testing in this beta.
    It's a huge work and doesn't seem to have any relationship to the beta or the patch or even BG2's engine.
    I thought beta testers were supposed to test the fixes a patch did ? If so, i don't think this next patch is fixing all the 700+ quests of the game ? Most of them, if not all, were not bugged in last version of the game...
    I already said a patch log would be good to know what we are actually testing. But no patch log to this day...

Anyway, i hope this phase will end soon and that we'll have the patch someday before BG2's release in 3 weeks !
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    It's regression testing. When you fix stuff there is a chance it breaks something else, sometimes completely unrelated and unforeseeable. Since they did major changes to code base, they'll have to run extensive tests.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Wow, 194 quests have just been proven to work successfully.
    60.8% completed...
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    From these tests, I have discerned that BG appears to run on an engine powered by some version of chaos theory.

I think a future DLC or patch should included a mysterious butterfly that, when interacted with, spawns a random high-powered enemy (like a dragon) on a completely random map somewhere else in the game.
  • LeonLeon Member Posts: 83
    "Angry Mob" RELEASE THE PRISONER. Seriously this phase is too long i wish to play Bg before Bg2 is released. The progress is too slow and there were 630 quests before and now there are 721? Too long this phase. If we make this process longer because of SD or Icon-color or Maybe-fix for minor quest somewhere, thats going to take a while.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Patience dude... And then youll see... Respect for those who actually works to solve all these issues.. Loveém and cant thank them enough ;)
  • ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
    @Dee,
    During BGEE Tutorial in Beta, when Belt tells me to try out some special abilities with Minsc and Jaheira, Minsc is fine but Jaheria didn't have any animal form to try it out. Maybe she was too low lvl?
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    edited October 2013
    If each time you add a feature something unforeseeable breaks up i would recommend first to implement all features at once and then start debugging else this patch will never end.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Leon said:

"Angry Mob" RELEASE THE PRISONER. Seriously this phase is too long i wish to play Bg before Bg2 is released. The progress is too slow and there were 630 quests before and now there are 721? Too long this phase. If we make this process longer because of SD or Icon-color or Maybe-fix for minor quest somewhere, thats going to take a while.

Many of these aren't quests. Some are just encounters or areas. It takes a long time to test them properly.
    My playthrough in the Black Pits is over. I will submit the form now :)
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Not sure if I've seen this reported previously, but I noticed when I dualed Imoen into a mage it wasn't displaying her appropriate class. If I switched from viewing Xan's inventory to Imoen's it would show 'Enchanter/Thief' instead of 'Mage/Thief'.
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    RedGuard said:

Not sure if I've seen this reported previously, but I noticed when I dualed Imoen into a mage it wasn't displaying her appropriate class. If I switched from viewing Xan's inventory to Imoen's it would show 'Enchanter/Thief' instead of 'Mage/Thief'.

You in the beta? As far as I know they had a line in the latest patch notes that read: "Class descriptions should now be displayed correctly." Or something to that end.

• RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Yeah, I am. It's only in the inventory screen I noticed it and it's not permanent. Though I may have experienced this bug earlier the current game I'm playing was started before this latest update so I don't know if that would affect any such bug or not.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Yep, spotted it. Thanks for noting it!
  • marrowjmarrowj Member Posts: 28
    edited October 2013
    ran into a fairly evil bug just now, Tried an old save on the newest patch with a fighter/mage/thief, I killed Phlydia just to to see if i could, afterwards i went inside the inn to Kill Firebead, i ran upstairs after he turned hostile and could not get up the stairs, Firebead went on to kill my character, i then reloaded and repeated the same thing to see if i could reproduce the bug with i could not, However i now automatically die shortly after killing Phlydia both outside the inn and inside seemingly from nothing.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2013
    marrowj said:

ran into a fairly evil bug just now, Tried an old save on the newest patch with a fighter/mage/thief, I killed Phlydia just to to see if i could, afterwards i went inside the inn to Kill Firebead, i ran upstairs after he turned hostile and could not get up the stairs, Firebead went on to kill my character, i then reloaded and repeated the same thing to see if i could reproduce the bug with i could not, However i now automatically die shortly after killing Phlydia both outside the inn and inside seemingly from nothing.

I haven't been able to reproduce this. I'm assuming you are on windows?

Edit: Also you should make a new thread for this. Nothing you've described relates to the items being discussed here.
  • marrowjmarrowj Member Posts: 28
    a yes windows, and yes ofc you are right about a new thread, however!, i shut down bg and tried the save again and now i can not reproduce the outcome, so might just have been my comp.
This discussion has been closed.