Skip to content

Phase III: Quest Testing (721 / 721)

Comments

• BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    @Jace I think this has been reported as a bug earlier.
  • ThunderSoulThunderSoul Member Posts: 125
    Are you guys testing dependencies too? Or just individual testing of each test?
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Some questions

1. Just a comment as a prelude to a question. I think some of the quest entries are dubious. House XXX raided is not really a quest in my book. Anyways, I see no mentioning of the quests related to the new NPCs, or did I miss something there?
    2. What does 64/676 actually mean? Did you receive feedback from 64 people? Are 64 quests confirmed as bug-free?
  • Jace said:

I killed Nemphre and Arkion and got their unique jewelry. Ordunilian in the Sorcerous Sundries doesn't acknowledge them. Dudleyville suggests that I should get a cloak as a reward. Should I have talked to Ordunilian first before killing them?

What was your reputation? Ordunilian won't give you the quest unless your reputation is high enough.

Malicron
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    lroumen said:

Some questions

1. Just a comment as a prelude to a question. I think some of the quest entries are dubious. House XXX raided is not really a quest in my book. Anyways, I see no mentioning of the quests related to the new NPCs, or did I miss something there?
    2. What does 64/676 actually mean? Did you receive feedback from 64 people? Are 64 quests confirmed as bug-free?

They arent quests, but activity.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    lroumen said:

Some questions

1. As @Aristillius pointed out, they're tasks. There are quests in there too, but following the list ensures that we catch everything from the core game. We'll be adding in additional tasks (time permitting) for the new content as well.

2. When a task gets enough "Works" votes with no "Does Not Work" votes, it counts as 1. Updating the tally is time-consuming, so I wouldn't expect that number to change more than once per day.
  • ThunderSoulThunderSoul Member Posts: 125
    Are you guys testing dependencies too? Or just individual testing of each quest?

Are you guys testing dependencies too? Or just individual testing of each quest?

We're testing all of it. But for your purposes, if you're only testing the quest itself and nothing else, that's still worthwhile for us to know.
  • HeyaHeya Member Posts: 55
    I've just been granted beta access today, and having played around with it for a short while, I've only noticed one miniscule oversight - in the tutorial, after going up to the second floor, Belt asks me to hit the guy 'with my staff'. I was given a sword :)
    ElectricMonkFredjoMusaabkilleah
  • SacklarSacklar Member Posts: 54
    Heya said:

I've just been granted beta access today, and having played around with it for a short while, I've only noticed one miniscule oversight - in the tutorial, after going up to the second floor, Belt asks me to hit the guy 'with my staff'. I was given a sword :)

I want the beta........:(

• ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    Heya said:

I did notice this in the beta, but as it was my first time playing the tutorial I figured that it had always been there. Probably a limitation/oversight, but it would be nice if it was corrected at some point.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    @Dee @Aristillius. Thanks that makes a lot more sense now. I am currently just following progress but it helps to know what I am looking at.
    Aristillius
  • SasayakiSasayaki Member Posts: 137
    Following the guide. Pretty certain I've now done every single quest/area, including Dorn, Rasheed and Neera's quests, except for Baldur's Gate itself which I'm starting probably tomorrow.

@Dee, did you want beta results from Tales of the Sword Coast (the shapeshifter island) and Durlag's Tower too? Anything else you wanted me to do before I finish Baldur's Gate and testing things outside in the main world starts becoming hard?
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    edited October 2013
    @Sasayaki you should post results of TotSC (Durlag's etc) too. They are a part of BG:EE after all (you can't even buy the game without them).
    Wilbur said:

@Sasayaki you should post results of TotSC (Durlag's etc) too. They are a part of BG:EE after all (you can't even buy the game without them).

I was thinking that but I don't think the form has spots for them.

Sasayaki said:

Wilbur said:

Looking at the form I find it covering Ulgoth's Beard, Ice Island, Isle of Balduran [south], Isle of Balduran [north], Werewolf Caverns, Durlag's Tower [exterior], Durlag's Tower [Upper Levels] Durlag's Labyrinth L1-L4. They are right after Candlekeep Caves in the form.

• drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    Sasayaki said:

Wilbur said:

Durlag's Tower is on the form:S
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    Sasayaki said:

I can't read, okay? I'm illegitimate.

You're right they're there. Well don't I feel dumb.

You're illegitimate? This a great joke! I'm probably ruining it by pointing it out.
    WilburKilivitzermo
    @Basillicum, somewhat yes. But it's okay.
    Basillicum
    Sasayaki said:

@Basillicum, somewhat yes. But it's okay.

I think he's trying to say that perhaps you didn't mean to say you're illegitimate. I mean can you sometimes be illegitimate and sometimes not?
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    edited October 2013
    Don't tell me you're the child of Bhaal too? Damn, are we many!?! :)
    It's great to see people getting along (part of what makes this community so strong, if you ask me), but I'd like to keep this thread from going off topic.
    elminsterWilburItomon
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    Gah... forgot to copy my savegames. Whatever, wanted to start anew as a Pally anyway. Will fill the form chapterwise, following Dudleyville walkthrough.
  • NeurologicalNeurological Member Posts: 48
    The more I try to send that damn form, the more I get the 404 error.
    JaySee84
    The door to Nemphre's house in Baldur's Gate has the animation problem; the door, when opened, appears shut even when it's open. You might have to leave the area and come back for it to appear so.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Sent in my forms. One a couple of days ago with almost all the pre-BG quests done, and one last night with almost all the BG city quests done.

All that's left is to investigate the Iron Throne, do the rest of the plot, and do TotSC.
    Wilbur
    edited October 2013
    Noticed a bug. If Dorn is turned to stone, then returned to flesh, his dialogue indicates that I'm kicking him out of the party ("You wish me to leave?").

He rejoins though if you choose the right option.
    Post edited by Sasayaki on
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    "You wish me to leave?"

"No, I want you to join my nice rock garden."
    FlashburnRedGuard
This discussion has been closed.