Skip to content

Phase III: Quest Testing (721 / 721)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2013
    @Basillicum @Messi I think the stats are taking into account the base bonus of the shield and magical effects. So base 1 AC + 1 for magical bonus +4 for the "against missiles" bonus.
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    @Kaigen I think so too. I edited my post to clarify what I meant.

In total the shield should give 6 AC against missiles. According to the description in @Messi's screenshot it gets 7.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738

@Kaigen I think so too. I edited my post to clarify what I meant.

In total the shield should give 6 AC against missiles. According to the description in @Messi's screenshot it gets 7.

Yep. Now it's actually +1 general AC, but +2 shield against missiles.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2013
    Or if the +4 vs. missiles is supposed to be in place of the normal +1, it should just say "+2, +5 vs. missile attacks." How much of a modifier against missiles does it give in the character record screen when in use?

Edit: Had a saved game where Kagain is using it: Character record shows a -5 vs. missiles when the shield is in use. Which kind of makes sense, the shield provides +2 AC, with "an extra +5 against missiles." I don't know if we got mixed up because the wording was confusing, or if we were only expected a +4 specifically against missiles.
    edited October 2013
    Kaigen said:

Or if the +4 vs. missiles is supposed to be in place of the normal +1, it should just say "+2, +5 vs. missile attacks." How much of a modifier against missiles does it give in the character record screen when in use?

7 (under Armor Class modifiers). That is actually 7 in addition to +2 from the shield, isn't it? This is way off.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot I had Sword and Shield Style.
    Kaigen said:

I don't know if we got mixed up because the wording was confusing, or if we were only expected a +4 specifically against missiles.

I'm quite sure the shield gave a grand total of +6 against missiles in vanilla, but that might just be what I remember from its probably incorrect description back then (which might be corrected in EE by stating "an extra +5").

It's a really nice shield, especially along with Sword and Shield Style.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Messi said:

@Dee very minor thing about the people kidnapping ogre mage in the sewers. In the past you needed to take a ruby ring found nearby back to Scar for extra reward, but seems like you guys added specific item for this called Sashenstar's Ruby ring. The thing is that old plain ruby ring is still there too, so now you get two ruby rings for the price of one. ;)

Actually, he doesn't. He has a chance to randomly drop various items and the ruby ring is in that selection. You just got lucky :D Try again and I'm pretty sure you won't get it again.

• DeioDeio Member Posts: 23
    I've done a whole playthrough from start to finish completing about 80% of the things on the checklist and the only minor bug I've encountered so far was the journal acting abit weird in chapter 6 (which I wasnt even able to reproduce).

The only thing I had to complain about was how weak the Shadowdancer was, but after @Dee 's fix to the backstab multiplier was applied, that was remedied :)

Looking good so far people!
  • MauritiusMauritius Member Posts: 3
    Please add me to the list for Phase III testing. My beamdog email address is: mauricioaf@hotmail.com

I have purchased the game directly through Beamdog for Windows 64bits English
  • Aliard1806Aliard1806 Member Posts: 144
    this phase will never end!!!LOL :D ty for your work!
  • HadrianBlackwaterHadrianBlackwater Member Posts: 121
    I want to be part of testing too :/ send email 2 days ago and still nothing. But I think nobody check it at the weekend, so I will wait few more days
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    still getting

Bad Request
    Error 400

So I'm now officially giving up this step ^^
  • SasayakiSasayaki Member Posts: 137
    As am I, @Sed. I found it works best if you do it in pieces.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We've added 45 new items to the form to cover the "premium" content (Neera, Dorn, Rasaad, and Black Pits). If you do a Ctrl-F search for [Dorn], [Neera], and [Rasaad], you'll find their respective tasks; Black Pits is at the very bottom.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    We inch forward, but the goalposts move ever-more unto the horizon.
  • SasayakiSasayaki Member Posts: 137
    Hi @Dee, you do know the form is bugged and can't be submitted, right?

I noticed the numbers haven't gone up that much since my full playthrough, have you guys seen that post?
    Anyone else come across this? It pops up if you press CTRL+C in-game.

• SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    edited October 2013
    @Basillicum That's the SoA ending and is only visible in BGEE if you use console, so not really a bug or missing content. They will add the StrRef when BG2EE is released
    edited October 2013
    I think the bug might be that it pops when you press CTRL + C, though.

I'm having to redownload the beta, so I can't test right now. Also on a Mac, so might not work anyway.
    Saradas said:

@Basillicum That's the SoA ending and is only visible in BGEE if you use console, so not really a bug or missing content. They will add the StrRef when BG2EE is released

Like @Eudaemonium said, the bug is that it pops up when I press CTRL+C. :)
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    The question is, do you have the console unlocked?
    If so, does it still pop up if it you haven't activated DebugMode :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2013

I think the bug might be that it pops when you press CTRL + C, though.

I'm having to redownload the beta, so I can't test right now. Also on a Mac, so might not work anyway.

It works on Macs.
    Sed said:

If so, does it still pop up if it you haven't activated DebugMode :)

When debug mode is off it doesn't do anything.
    I seem to be having an issue downloading the latest update (on Mac). The game downloads at around 200 kbps until about 2 minutes left and then just stops. I've deleted the game completely twice and it has happened every time I tried to reinstall. Any advice?
    Any reason why the bugreporting is going so slowly? I think I've probably reported on more than 500 of the "events" in the form.
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    Deio said:

Any reason why the bugreporting is going so slowly? I think I've probably reported on more than 500 of the "events" in the form.

Probably because they want more than a few reports per quest to make sure it works.
  • sabacs90sabacs90 Member Posts: 14
    Little offtopic, I have question. Is it possible in BG to be killed by someone who uses only bare fist(not including monk), because I encountered situation when Priest of Oghma did 15 damage to me (I had 14 hp) and I was still alive even if he did more damage than I had hp. I attached two screen shots. Sorry if I put this post in wrong topic.
    Thunder said:

Deio said:

Probably because they want more than a few reports per quest to make sure it works.
    I understand that aswell, but seeing how fast all the other phases were, it's still abit weird :)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Sasayaki said:

Hi @Dee, you do know the form is bugged and can't be submitted, right?

I noticed the numbers haven't gone up that much since my full playthrough, have you guys seen that post?

Try it now; I've broken the form up into eleven pages, which should fix the problem.
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    edited October 2013
    @Dee I found a problem with Black Pits. At the end of the first tier of battles you receive a reward from Baeloth and the new group of adventurers spawns in the second cell. The problem, as you can see in the screen shot, is that the group you previously killed in the arena is still there.
This discussion has been closed.