Skip to content

Baldur's Gate & Icewind Dale Jeopardy! (May contain spoilers!)

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    A: Maka

Q: Who is the archer friend of the mage, who carries your Ring of Wizardry near the Flaming Fist Castle?

A: Whale
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    A: Whale

Q: What creature, along with the Bear and the Elk, was chosen as a patron for one of the barbarian tribes in Icewind Dale? Hint: You can hear its name when you quickly spell the name "Den of Seven Vales"

A: The WallBrick
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    A. The Brick.

Q. A Canadian furniture chain What weapon does nobody beat?

A. Neera
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    A. Neera

Q. To whom Khalid made a soup in the Bridgefort stronghold?

A. The Black Dragon Gate
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited April 2015
    A. The Black Dragon Gate

Q. As to what Gate within Northern Baldur's Gate can one adventurous Bhaalspawn make a left turn after exiting said Gate and can then further exit that immediate area of which the said Gate leads into as to only find an 'area of mystery' where people are rarely seen and where one can be greeted by a rather socially famished Flaming Fist Enforcer?

A. "Plat99"
    A. "Plat99"

Q. A top-secret plate armour with AC 3 that can be used by any character/kit without any heavy armour penalties to casting/thieving. Only those who are "'Indiana Jones" type of people / or regular forumites can get it if they use the console.

A. Orc Leather
    edited April 2015
    A. Orc Leather [+3]

Q. What is a heavily enchanted suit of Studded Leather Armour +3. It offers an armour class of 4 to the wearer and the additional usual armor class modifiers which come with studded leather armor. The armour also provides 10% missile weapons resistance, but the with the ghastly looks of the armour, the Charisma of the wearer is diminished by 1 point while worn. It appears in Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition [and the Collectors Edition]. The Studded Leather Armour +3 can be found in the Dungeon-Cellars of the De'Arnise Keep. [I always used to call it the Darn-Ass keep when I was 11 years old :-P)
    http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate2/maps/ar1301.html ?

A. Ioun or Iol Stone of Luck. (No, Mods don't count) [Yes this is a part of Baldur's Gate History.. Although it came before the time of Netheril and long before the time of Durlag's Tower..]
    Post edited by WithinAmnesia on
    edited April 2015

A. Orc Leather [+3]

Q. Orc Leather or also know as Orc Leather +3 is a heavily enchanted suit of Orcish Studded Leather Armour +3. It offers an armour class of 4 to the wearer and the additional usual armor class modifiers which come with studded leather armor. The armour also provides 10% missile weapons resistance, but the with the ghastly looks of the armour, the Charisma of the wearer is diminished by 1 point while worn. Orc Leather +3 appears in Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition [and the Collectors Edition]. The Studded Leather Armour +3 can be found in the Dungeon-Cellars of the De'Arnise Keep. [I alwasy used to call it the Darn-Ass keep when I was 11 years old :-P)
    http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate2/maps/ar1301.html

Here is the Identified description below:
    “This ghastly armor was taken from an orc camp destroyed by barbarians. Instead of standard metal rivets, like normal studded leather, this orc leather is instead laced with hundreds of fire hardened bones. Finger bones, ribs, and skulls cover the armor, acting much like the traditional metal rivets. Powerful orcish enchantments give the armor special resistance to missile attacks, but the repulsiveness of the armor reduces the wearers charisma."

Oddly enough it does not drop from an Orc. Sad days Indeed..

I guess you haven't asked a question here (rather have given a description of the item)...
    Super Hard Question.

A. Who in the Original Baldur's Gate Drops the Only Spear +3? (The Undead Knight does not Count) [Yes it was an obtainable secret in the Original Baldur's Gate that I feel where only a handful of people have discovered its location.]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited April 2015
    [ @Shandyr @bengoshi do my recent edits help you guys out as to improve the shared experience upon the forums; if not how can my comments be improved (via constructive criticism)?

new answer: Mummy

Question: What is a powerful undead enemy in Baldur's Gate II and or Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition that is often seen wrapped in ceremonial cloth that can wreck low level adventuring groups with high resistances and 'strong' damaging melee hits but moves slowly?

A. Ioun or Iol Stone of Luck. (No, Mods don't count) [Yes this is a part of Baldur's Gate History.. Although it came before the time of Netheril and long before the time of Durlag's Tower..]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    (I don't expect anyone to answer this question below so that is why I will leave it on its own separated tangent).

>>>Super Hard Question<<< *Que Boss Music*

A. Who in the Original Baldur's Gate Drops the Only Spear +3? (The Undead Knight does not Count) [Yes it was an obtainable secret in the Original Baldur's Gate that I feel where only a handful of people have discovered its location.]

P.S. Dang it *49 insightfuls* that last insightful alludes me -.-
    Post edited by WithinAmnesia on
    Dang, did I fry everyone's brain for no one seems to comment here any more :-S?

Hmmm... According to @Balquo here (http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/3126/spear-3-backbiter) this spear wasn't actually in the game...

Anyway, back to the jeopardy.

A. Chionthar
    edited May 2015
    A.) Chionthar.

Q.) Chionthar may be known as the abbreviated name for the River Chionthar that flanks and runs past the South Side of the City of Baldur's Gate; the Baldur's Gate City Harbour connects to the River Chionthar.

A.) Ioun Stone of Luck.

Let me correct this please.

A.) Chionthar.

Q.) What is the name for the river that flanks and runs past the South Side of the City of Baldur's Gate? (The Baldur's Gate City Harbour connects this river.)

A.) Ioun Stone of Luck.

edited May 2015
    @lolien Oh I am crap *laughs* I see now, I look really silly (" ͡° ' ͜ʖ ͡° ').. My O' My who could ever get this question wrong? "Chionthar may be known as the abbreviated name for the River Chionthar that flanks and runs past the South Side of the City of Baldur's Gate; the Baldur's Gate City Harbour connects to the River Chionthar?"
    -Fail Answer: The Amazon River Of course!
    edited May 2015
    jackjack said:

A: "Firebead Elvenhair"

Q. Who is everyones favourite stealer of Identify scrolls?

A. Kahrk
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    elminster said:

A. Kahrk

Q: Which ogre mage can be found under the Firewine bridge?

A: Kiel
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    elminster said:

A. Kahrk

Q: Who is everyones favourite geniemagi in the bottle?
    (ninjaed)

A: Bloodstone Gem

Q: Ninety percent of which gem in the Realms come from the Galena Mountains in Damara?

A: Myconid King
    A. Elminster

Q. Who is the greatest mage in all the realms?

A. Cadderly
    A. Cadderly

Q. A priest and Chosen of Deneir who's making a cameo near the end of BG1, inside Candlekeep. Also, he seems to be an opponent of the greatest mage in all the realms.

Proof:

A. 89k
    bengoshi said:

A. 89k

Q: In the original Baldur's Gate game, at what XP level should you stop running errands and killing enemies?

A: Ithmeera, Helshara and Delorna.
    A. Ithmeera, Helshara and Delorna.

Q. Shandalar is incensed when you kill what three people?

A. Hildreth Highhammer
    edited June 2015
    Shandyr said:

A: Myconid King

Q: Who is the king of myconids?

A: Elminster

That was a pretty weak and uninspired question @Shandyr ..
    -Q: What social class of Myconid was the potion 'brewer' named the "The Concocter"? (He was located within the within Black Pits.)
    A. Orrick The Gray

Q. Whose store update is one of the most anticipated event for any mage character in IWD?

A. Guril berries
    bengoshi said:

A. Guril berries

Q: Which commodity sells especially well among *ahem* female street workers in the Bridge District?

A: Rogue Stone
    A. Rogue Stone

Q. What is a stone that rogues particularly cherish?

A. Yeslick
This discussion has been closed.