Skip to content

[Known 8963] water not displaying in streams (android) (I could be wrong)

Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
edited September 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
Running Nexus 7 2013 (android L dev preview)

I was in the cloakwood (i believe all of them i can double check) and I suddenly noticed there was no water in the river beds just grey/white rocks. It has been a couple years since ive done a play through so I dont remember if water is supposed to be there or not but if you need screen shots I will get them later tonight. Can someone tell me if im... cr4zy?

If you need ss tell me where you want them from or how many
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @Troodon80‌ seems OK on a 2012 model, can you confirm on 2013 (issue 8963 might refer further).
    Thanks
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Gate70, I can confirm. Issue 8963 is the one, I think. I also get large black sections where there is no overlay (or image under it) at all.
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    Are you confirming this is a bug or do you need screen shots.... sorry ive been super busy this week
    A couple of screenshots would be helpful to confirm the issue you are seeing @Cr4zyJ‌ as there is a fair amount of water through these areas.
    Thanks
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    edited September 2014
    I can confirm a similar issue with water on a Sony Xperia Z tablet, which is powered by the same processor as Nexus 7 2013, a Qualcomm S4 Pro and Adreno 320. I remember someone reported a similar issue with Sony Xperia Z2 (but before the final 1.3 patch), which is running on an Snapdragon 801 and Adreno 330.

Here are some samples in Candlekeep, the sea around it, Beregost and Nashkel.

My tablet is running Android 4.4.

I can't remember if there was a problem back when the beta was started on TestFlight. I'm not sure I payed attention to the fact that the Candlekeep fountains were missing the normal light blue tint as the fountain animation was working. At that time, the tablet was still running on Android 4.1 or 4.2.
    Thanks. & to confirm, @Cr4zyJ‌ this is the issue you are experiencing too or something different.
    Its similiar if not the same let me get a screenie up when I get home again sorry for the delay
  • Eck4343Eck4343 Member Posts: 38
    This was mentioned in a previous thread but nothing ever came of it. I have the same issue on the Galaxy Note 3.:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/31840/water-not-visible-android

Not a game breaker, but its pretty annoying when you are trying to run away from enemies and get stuck against what looks like a pile of gravel.
    Tentatively marking this as issue 8963, pending screenshot confirmation from @Cr4zyJ‌
    Thanks
    edited September 2014
    Hang on my life is a cluster... ill do it tonight
    Post edited by Cr4zyJ on
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    underneath the Quick Reply box is the text "Attach a File", click it.
    Then _choose file_ followed by _documents_ then _screenshot_ and finally the file you want. Only post once the uploading message ends.

Just trying one now and took several goes as the uploading message never stopped. This is the first gen nexus 7.
    edited September 2014
    Sorry, had to deal with the loss of a sick pet... Tell me if this helps. These are of the cloakwood mine zone

Getting An error...I'll try from WiFi give me a few hours...
    Again, Nexus 7 2013 (ANDROID L DEV PREVIEW)
    great now everyone knows my random name for this playthrough was "Kiki The Crazed" ... lol
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    That's the same as what I saw on the Nexus 7 2013 (running KitKat).
    so 8963 it is?
    Ive had some time to play last night and today in the car (finally) and this issue is not localized to just the cloakwood but it seems the entire game for any area with water animations. Stationary water seems ok (i need to double check though)
    Yes, water throughout the game is likely to be rendered in the same way.
  • parsecparsec Member Posts: 3
    I do have the same problem on my sony sgp-321/snapdragon S4 pro APQ8064/Adreno 320

If you need any testing done, fell free to PM me.
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    I am also seeing this on my Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 running Kitkat
  • seanHseanH Member Posts: 3
    Still have this issue on Xperia Z2 tablet, Android 4.4, occuring for all water effects (i.e. I can't see any water on any screen at all) if need logs/screenshots please let me know.
  • Confirming same said water graphics glitches exist and persist on (verizon) Samsung Galaxy S5 any kitkat version, as well as updated lollipop. Confirmed on 2 different NEW phones of said type, unmodded games purchased on google play.
  • parsecparsec Member Posts: 3
    Bump! Any updates on this?
  • rogan2929rogan2929 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm seeing this issue on my Nexus 7 as well. While not a game breaker, I'd love to see this issue fixed!
  • seanHseanH Member Posts: 3
    Any updates yet? Am waiting to complete the game once this is fixed...
  • efdiefdi Member Posts: 4
    Problem still here on my Nexus 7 running Lollipop. No running water, just an empty water bed. Only some very pixelated stationary water from time to time. Kind of annoying... Will this be fixed soon? I'm thinking on stopping this playhrough until this is fixed. Also, both BG EE and BG 2 EE have water problems of some kind (black and grey squares in BG 2 EE).
  • AnomalyAnomaly Member Posts: 62
    I can confirm the issue on Sony Xperia M2 with Android 4.4.4.

It applies to both water (in every area), and lava as well (in Nashkel mines for examples).

• switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited June 2015
    As a possible fix I hope that water will be simply converted from dithered to stencil (used in BG2:EE and IWD:EE), that doesn't have such problems. Not only in android version but windows too due to this engine issue: http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/34001/graphical-problem-after-importing-areas-from-bg1-ee-to-bg2-ee-water-with-weird-overlay
    Post edited by swit on
  • AnomalyAnomaly Member Posts: 62
    edited June 2015
    With new beta version 1.3.2010 (not sure about version number, it's not very readable), water is now rendered but with an odd pattern.

Still on Android 4.4.4 - Sony XPeria M2