Skip to content

[Mods] Awesome Soundsets Mods Master Thread. Custom Soundsets for BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE

smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
edited April 2016 in General Modding
-Overview-
The "Awesome Soundsets Volumes" are collections of sound sets with subtitles that can be used for player characters in Baldur's Gate 1 Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition or Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition.

* At the moment Siege of Dragonspear is not supported.

-Here are all the collections I've made-
So far I've made 4 collections that add an additional 74 soundsets to your games.
Download links and descriptions are below.

Volume 1: Baldur's Gate 1 NPC Soundsets

Ajantis Ilvarstarr: (c) 1998 Black Isle Studios, Interplay Entertainment, voice actor: Jason Marsden
Alora: (c) 1998 Black Isle Studios, Interplay Entertainment, voice actor: Amber Hood
Coran: (c) 1998 Black Isle Studios, Interplay Entertainment, voice actor: Brian George
Eldoth Kron: (c) 1998 Black Isle Studios, Interplay Entertainment, voice actor: Neil Ross
Faldorn: (c) 1998 Black Isle Studios, Interplay Entertainment, voice actor: Heidi Shannon
Garrick: (c) 1998 Black Isle Studios, Interplay Entertainment, voice actor: Dee Bradley Baker
Khalid: (c) 1998 Black Isle Studios, Interplay Entertainment, voice actor: Jim Meskimen
Quayle: (c) 1998 Black Isle Studios, Interplay Entertainment, voice actor: Jeff Bennett
Safana: (c) 1998 Black Isle Studios, Interplay Entertainment, voice actor: Diane Pershing
Shar-Teel Dosan: (c) 1998 Black Isle Studios, Interplay Entertainment, voice actor: Jennifer Darling
Skie Silvershield: (c) 1998 Black Isle Studios, Interplay Entertainment, voice actor: Grey DeLisle
Tiax: (c) 1998 Black Isle Studios, Interplay Entertainment, voice actor: John Mariano
Xan: (c) 1998 Black Isle Studios, Interplay Entertainment, voice actor: Jeff Bennett
Xzar: (c) 1998 Black Isle Studios, Interplay Entertainment, voice actor: Frank Welker
Yeslick Orothair: (c) 1998 Black Isle Studios, Interplay Entertainment, voice actor: Bill Farmer

Pictures
imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Volume 2: IWD2 Soundsets

42 Soundsets from Icewind Dale 2 (and IWD 1)

Volume 3: Planescape Torment NPC Soundsets

Annah-of-the-Shadows: (c) 1999 Interplay Entertainment, voice actor: Sheena Easton
Dak'kon: (c) 1999 Interplay Entertainment, voice actor: Mitch Pileggi
Fall-From-Grace: (c) 1999 Interplay Entertainment, voice actor: Jennifer Hale
Ignus: (c) 1999 Interplay Entertainment, voice actor: Charles Adler
Morte: (c) 1999 Interplay Entertainment, voice actor: Rob Paulsen
The Nameless One: (c) 1999 Interplay Entertainment, voice actor: Michael T. Weiss
Vhailor: (c) 1999 Interplay Entertainment, voice actor: Keith David

Pictures

Volume 4: Monkey Island Soundsets

Cutthroat Bill: (c) 1998 Lucasarts voice actor: Gregg Berger
Elaine's Cook: (c) 2002 LucasArts, voice actor: Patrick Pinney
Edward Van Helgen: (c) 1998 Lucasarts, voice actor: Michael Sorich
Guybrush Threepwood : (c) 1998 LucasArts, voice actor: Dominic Armato
LeChuck and LeChuckie: (c) 1998 LucasArts and 200voice actor: Earl Boen
Mort the Gravedigger: (c) 1998 LucasArts, voice actor: Roger Behr
Murray: (c) 1998 LucasArts, voice actor: Denny Delk.
Pirate #1: (c) 1998 Lucasarts, voice actor: George DelHoyo
Rene Rottingham: (c) 1998 Lucasarts, voice actor: Tom Kane
Wally: (c) 1998 Lucasarts, voice actor: Neil Ross

Pictures

Here's a link to a mod shell so that you can make your own soundset collections with subtitles

Awesome Soundsets Vol. 0 Soundset Mod Shell

If you enjoyed any of the soundsets and you do not already own the game that the soundsets come from, you are largely encouraged to buy the related games, both because they're excellent games on their own, and because this way you're giving something back to the game developer.
If you are interested in contributing to these mods or have suggestions, please post below

"Awesome Soundsets" Volumes feature up to 33 sounds w/ subtitles in IWDEE, 25 in BGEE, and 29 in BG2EE. The default soundsets in IWDEE feature 25/33 sounds and BGEE default soundsets only use 15/25 sounds. Soundsets added with this mod use up to the maximum number of sounds - depending on if appropriate sounds are available.

The weidu installer will install the correct number of sounds possible with subtitles for each different installation. Using weidu you can also add and remove individual soundsets as you like.

This thread can be used to request soundsets, commentary, to report problems or even just to let me know that you like these.
Post edited by smeagolheart on
AstroBryGuyJuliusBorisovlolienRavenslightKamigoroshiXzarreivisionHudzyButtercheeseKetkallz[Deleted User]BlackravenBeetleFoggyAbelMirageBorrroYamchaSwifty_MageeRay22StoibsVaylorUnpersonMush_MushelminsterMirandelKurumiAndreaColombodibRaduzielProontbooinyoureyesNostarielmashedtatersLudwig_IIstargazerbithildurnewDark_AnsemIseweinGraionDilach

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    reserved
    lolien
    edited January 2015
    Please use this thread for request, commentary, problems or even just to let me know that you like these.
    lolien
    Check it out @amyae‌ @Swifty_Magee‌ @bengoshi‌ @Aethernaut‌

More soundsets released...

AstroBryGuyJuliusBorisovlolien
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Hi @smeagolheart‌

Awesome mod!
    smeagolheartJuliusBorisovlolienMirage
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    edited January 2015
    Is there any chance you can bring male 1,2,3,4 and female 1,2,3,4 voicesets from IWD to this mod?

I wish Charname could say "Here comes the wackiest man alive!"
    lolien
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Hy! I would like to thank you again this awesome work @smeagolheart‌!

I have a request too: i made two soundset from the StarCraft 2 unit quotes; Jim Raynor, and Tauren Space Marine. Could you include them in your mod, if i give you the .waw and .tra files?
    JuliusBorisov
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Just wanted to add my thank you for your work on these. Wonderful!
    JuliusBorisovlolientbone1
    edited January 2015
    bengoshi said:

Is there any chance you can bring male 1,2,3,4 and female 1,2,3,4 voicesets from IWD to this mod?

I wish Charname could say "Here comes the wackiest man alive!"

@bengoshi

Those are in volume 2. Off top of my head, not sure if I used that particular line or not, but for sure that guy's voiceset is in volume 2, that's from IWD2.

Post edited by smeagolheart on
    JuliusBorisov
    lolien said:

Hy! I would like to thank you again this awesome work @smeagolheart‌!

I have a request too: i made two soundset from the StarCraft 2 unit quotes; Jim Raynor, and Tauren Space Marine. Could you include them in your mod, if i give you the .waw and .tra files?

@lolien Yes ;)
    lolienJuliusBorisov
    For anyone wondering about these mods, installing any of these mods will not overwrite anything, it will only add additional available soundsets to your game.

The overlapping soundsets from IWD2 from Volume 2 will be slightly different than the stock IWDEE soundsets as I had access to the entire soundsets from IWD2 which included more sounds.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I was wondering if you guys could convert NWN soundsets to BGEE ?
    JuliusBorisov
    I look for clean copies of sounds, I have NWN but haven't touched it for a few years now. If there's a way to extract the sounds then yes it should be possible.

I know there's a dark brooding hero soundset (and a couple others) on Sorcerers Place website. I can't recall off the top of my head but I didn't like that rip when I looked at them for some reason - either they were not original files - they were lossy copies of the sounds - like someone used a tape recorder or something to copy them - or the sounds didn't really fit the actions.

Long story short, if I can extract the original sounds somehow then yeah it's entirely possible.
    lolienDJKajuru
    @lolien Here's a pack I made with the sounds you provided. (sorry it took a couple days). It installs just fine and I tested in game.

Let me know what you think, if you are happy with it I was thinking of maybe changing post #2 above to "fan submissions" or something and putting links to even more soundsets like this :)

lolienRavenslightJuliusBorisov
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Thanks a lot!

Let me know what you think, if you are happy with it I was thinking of maybe changing post #2 above to "fan submissions" or something and putting links to even more soundsets like this :)

That would be great! I will send you a PM with the descriptions (if i'll have time and patience to write them). Thanks again!
    JuliusBorisov
  • reivisionreivision Member Posts: 21
    These are great! Thanks! Now I have actual Drow voices to go with my Drow elves for my evil IWDEE party, and those Monkey Island voices are great too.
    KamigoroshiJuliusBorisovloliensmeagolheart
  • ggallegherggallegher Member Posts: 78
    Having difficulty getting a customised soundset based on the mod shell to install itself, and not sure whether here or the email address supplied by the failure message is the most effective method of getting ahold of you, Smeagolheart.

Would you be willing to take a look? The full mod and .DEBUG file should be in the .zip file, attached to this post. Being wholly unfamiliar with WeiDU, I'm afraid I'm quite unable to discern what it's trying to communicate the problem is.
    Hi @ggallegher if you want my attention, then just use the @ and my name like I did for you here. Or send an email through the inbox of the forums here.

So I took a look at your mod, there are two things:

In the BAF folder is core.tpa, you'll have to change the top line from this:
    LOAD_TRA ~Marxo/SND/%soundName%/%soundName%.tra~

to this:
    LOAD_TRA ~Nathyrra/SND/%soundName%/%soundName%.tra~

That will let the mod install.

After that, the correct subtitles display in game for the soundset but the soundfiles are not playing. I believe they are encrypted or something, I tried to convert them to simple WAV files outside the game they gave me errors and they also would not play in my media player.

So basically I think they work, but you'll have to get them unencrpyted or just converted into another format that IWDEE can play in order for them to work in game.

lolienJuliusBorisov
    edited February 2015
    Thanks, @smeagolheart. Knew it'd be something remedial I'd overlooked preventing the install.

The soundfiles, despite having a .wav file extension, were secretly 44KHz 32bit .mp3s, so they've all been converted to 22KHz 16bit .wavs, and had their total name length reduced to eight characters long. That seems to have done the trick.

With this test successfully concluded, it's time to contemplate whether to undertake a project to convert all the other Neverwinter Nights PC and NPC soundsets.
    Post edited by ggallegher on
    smeagolheartlolienJuliusBorisov
    Your call man, I'd like it, and would install it to check it out. I know that it can be a lot of work, but I also find it pretty fun, that's why I've released so many soundsets.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
    edited February 2015
    While I'm waiting for my copy of Neverwinter Nights 2 to download from GOG, here's everyone's favorite monosyllabic sociopath anti-hero.

Richard B. Riddick

"The dark. My favorite."
    Richard B. Riddick: (c) 2004 Starbreeze Studios, voice actor: Vin Diesel.
    lolienJuliusBorisovUnpersonMirandel
    edited February 2015
    H...h...here I go..!

Mischa Waymeet

"Mystra grant me strength!"
    Pne of the first NPCs the player meets in Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide. A naïve, inflexible Paladin of Mystra, who she references a lot in this voiceset, whether to invoke for aid during a heated battle-cry, curse a critical failure or shortly before taking a stroll to the corner store.
    Mischa Waymeet: (c) 2003 BioWare Corp, voice actor: uncredited.

Voice suggestion tags: Female, Paladin, Cleric or otherwise pious spellcaster.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
    edited February 2015

Xanos Messarmos

"Well, look at the big brain on you."
    Born to the upper middle class of Chessenta, Xanos found his razor-sharp wit a strong counter to the barbs of his schoolmates in his youth. While no longer young, Xanos still has an acerbic nature, but now it masks his desire to fulfill the role of a true adventurer and gain renown throughout the Realms.
    Xanos Messarmos (c) 2003 Floodgate Entertainment and BioWare Corp.

Voice suggestion tags: Male, Chaotic neutral, arcane caster
    KamigoroshilolienJuliusBorisov
  • mercyfulfate1988mercyfulfate1988 Member Posts: 43
    I cant seem to install it on the non steam version of BGEE but I can install on the steam version of BG2EE. I get the following error: "Please run this program in your infinity game directory".

I have BGEE installed in C:/Program Files (x86)/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    Jennifer Hale from Mass Effect 3 please ^^ I bet it's possible to choose some parts of the dialogue that are not Mass Effect specific and her legendary "I should go" when you pick your main char to give a command would make my day.
    lolienJuliusBorisovBrer_Rabbit
    edited February 2015

Dorna Trapspringer

"Berronar help me, I'll strike you down where you stand."
    Dorna Trapspringer is a female dwarven cleric/rogue. Good-hearted and somewhat cynical. She travelled nearly 200 miles alone across the wilds of the Silver Marches from her clan home in the mountains, which many would consider proof enough that she needed no instruction in survival.
    Dorna Trapspringer (c) 2003 Floodgate Entertainment and BioWare Corp.

Voice suggestion tags: Female, rugged, Dwarf.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
    edited February 2015

Deekin Scalesinger

"Deekin greets the noble hero!"
    In the context of an Infinity Engine game, I guess this is for when you absolutely, positively need a Bard character named "Deekin" that constantly references himself in third person, using a grating, high-pitched voice. Who also thinks they're a kobold. You're welcome..?
    .image
    Deekin Scalesinger (c) 2003 Floodgate Entertainment and BioWare Corp.

Voice suggestion tags: Male, Bard, neutral, Kobold(?), squeaky
    lolienJuliusBorisovPorcelynleeux
    edited February 2015
    With the first set of NWN NPCs complete, time to start working through the player character soundsets. First up is:

Male, brash persistent

"Blasted magical whatsits! My spell flopped!"

Kinda Gaelic sounding, happy-go-lucky type.

lolienJuliusBorisovFlashburnStSofiaWiseguy
  • jobbyjobby Member Posts: 181
    Solid snake / big boss? David hayter versions, none of this keither sutherland nonsense :)

Male, Blackguard

"Oh, dear. Oh dear, oh dear."

Funny fact about Neverwinter Nights' soundsets; there's top-quality complete ones within its file structure that the player doesn't normally have access to during the character creation process.

For example, this is the most avuncular adherent of sinister, otherworldy sponsors as you're likely to meet. Like a favoured uncle who's a motivational speaker, but also happens to be a Satanist on the side.
    lolienJuliusBorisovFlashburnStSofiaWiseguy
  • PeLLeT_RSDPeLLeT_RSD Member Posts: 55
    Thank you very much for these NWN soundsets. Bring them on!!!
    loliensmeagolheartJuliusBorisovProont