Skip to content

Hotkeys? Do they exist?

BG the original let you assign any ability or spell to a hotkey. I used this for thieving so that I could spam attempts on locks without hauling my mouse cursor across the screen over and over.

It was handy for Cure Light Wounds, too.

I've seen no reference to this functionality in the launcher, game, or manual, however.

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    In the Assign Keys section of the Gameplay Options menu, you can assign hot keys for any spell in the game. They're broken into categories of "Page", "actions", "miscellaneous", "quick slots", "priest spells", and "mage spells".
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Your function buttons still act as hotkeys (in order as displayed) for your action bar.

Pressing 1-6 selects a character. 7 selects the first 2, 8 selects the middle 2, 9 selects the last 2, 0 selects the first 3, - selects the last 3, + selects all 6

Spacebar still pauses, "M" brings up map, "I" brings up inventory, "R" Brings up character record and for the life of me, I can't remember which ones bring up the spell books, but I know they exist.

The classic allowed you to reassign hotkeys (good for certain spells) but I don't think they implemented it in the EE version.
    @deltago
    See my post above.
    edited December 2012
    And for the manual reference, check Page 68 of the Sword Coast Survival Guide, under "Gameplay Options". I knew I hadn't left that out...
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    @Aosaw, I saw it, was going to ninja edit, but.... ya...
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Ah, thank you. I was looking at the controls section of the manual and looking for control options.
    So when I try to set something to say, T, it says my chat window has been unbound. When I use C, character arbitration is unbound. H, hide interface. Y, left interface.

It seems most buttons are already bound to functions I cannot find anywhere in the keybindings. Where are they?
  • junk11junk11 Member Posts: 117
    edited December 2012
    character arbitration has no use in BGEE, maybe a bug or maybe its intentional,
    it supposed to be in Page section, and sometimes you can see it pop up if u change assign key a lot (prepatch, not sure for now)

as for hiding interface, in miscellaneous
  • NeskyNesky Member Posts: 149
    i can't scroll down for assign a key. I can assign only the first 6th spell for wizard or priest
    It seems the mousewheel doesn't play well with this menu. You have to click the arrows on the scrollbar.