Skip to content

Character action on portrait icons are fantastic

Just posting to point out something about BG:EE that I am really coming to appreciate - the character action icons on the portraits. It draws a graphic of whatever weapon you are using, or whatever spell you are casting.

This new feature is especially welcome to me with spellcasting. I don't know how many times I used to be in the middle of a round and think, "Now, did I order that spell cast at the beginning of the next round or not?"

No more worries about who has been ordered to do what . Yay, Overhaul/Beamdog!

I already know I am not going to want to play BG or BG2 in the future without the enhancements. They're that good, to me.

Comments

• SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Yeah, at first I was like, "uhh, wow, that's sort of stupid", but now...well, your post speaks well enough for it. "Alright, Branwen's going to belt out a hold person, I've got Dorn holding his sword out with some magnets on it...and look, CHARNAME's using his Draw Upon Holy Might! Imoen and Neera are the only ones...alright, yeah, got those two.".
    Awesome feature. :D
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I like the icons as well, a welcome change in #BGEE
  • BlackIvoryBlackIvory Member Posts: 75
    they are useful, but i would rather not have them so big, they fill out like a 3rd of the portrait.
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    Yep, this is a great feature. Really nice to remind you of who is still initiating actions so you don't accidentally cancel it.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    agris said:

Yep, this is a great feature. Really nice to remind you of who is still initiating actions so you don't accidentally cancel it.

Ugh, I know, you have noooo idea how many times in BG II I've paused, readied a really useful spell (usually on Nalia), gotten up to do something unrelated, and returned, voided all my actions, and just done everything over again and used a spell that was inappropriate to the situation, or something. :/ Naturally, after something goes horribly wrong, I'd scroll through the feedback, go "oh my god I should have paid attention!" and...yeah. :/

Love ya, Beamdog!
  • BugratBugrat Member Posts: 118
    edited December 2012
    I like this feature too.
    It would also be cool if the icon also showed when find traps / bardsong, stealth or other actions were activated.
  • loganultimaloganultima Member Posts: 109
    Yes very good feature thx for implementing it.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    This, plus the colour coded character circles are two great features that I didn't realise I needed until I used them for the first time.