Skip to content

[GUI Mod] Archaic GUI for BG:EE

Comments

• MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited April 2013
    WOW! ASTOUNDING! @Archaic: great work you've done, I like the brighter tone of the "rent" and "done" buttons, also! :D
    Post edited by Metalloman on
  • HinageshiHinageshi Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    Hi. Very great job! I can't wait... I hope you are considering also the multiplayer versions that are different from single player 'couse there are some extra buttons. Now i'm just playing multi...

I really like this UI.
  • WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106
    edited April 2013
    Yes, multiplayer buttons would actually pose a problem here. Are there plans to do these screens, or are they already done?

EDIT: Also, is it just me, or does the noble room look better than the royal one?
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    @Hinageshi - I intend to do multiplayer at some point. First I'm going to finish up the whole GUI then I will start working on multiplayer.

@Wakukee - I agree the noble room does look a bit better. If you or anyone else would like to help find a better looking royal room then please send me a screenshot. Thank you.
    edited April 2013
    If someone could help me find a good in-game screenshot of a royal room I would greatly appreciate it. Please make sure its non-zoomed and non-scaled for best results. Thanks.

EDIT: I'd also like to find a better peasant & merchant room screenshot.
    Post edited by Archaic on
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    Just a thought, don't know if it would turn out good or not.
    But the buttons for the different qualities could look more and more exquisite. Current buttons suits Royal quite good and then make them a bit simpler for each step down?
    @Freche - its not a bad idea however the time it takes to make buttons is extensive and not worth the result in my opinion.
  • WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106
    @Archaic Do you mind if it is from a different Infinity Engine game? More area to cover to find a good one.
    @Wakukke - if its a BG series game and goes with the theme I would consider it. Thanks.
  • StarlilyStarlily Member Posts: 97
    Archaic said:

@Hinageshi - I intend to do multiplayer at some point. First I'm going to finish up the whole GUI then I will start working on multiplayer.

@Wakukee - I agree the noble room does look a bit better. If you or anyone else would like to help find a better looking royal room then please send me a screenshot. Thank you.

Actually, I don't think you need a new screenshot for a royal room, just switch the two. :)
    edited April 2013
    @Starlily - That wouldn't work. The beds match the specific type of room. If you look at the vanilla GUI 'rent rooms' screen you will see what I mean. Thanks for the feedback.
    Post edited by Archaic on
  • CastorpCastorp Member Posts: 45
    edited April 2013
    This is great.
    I can't wait.

I have only one slight quibble with all these screenshots:
    The "done" and "rest" buttons look a little bit too square and edgy compared to the rest, that has an overall 'smooth' feel. The difference is too striking somehow. Could you try to get rid of the angles?
    Post edited by Castorp on
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    What's the relationship between "BETA 6" and "release" ?
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited April 2013
    The relationship is that BETA 6 is the next build that will be RELEASED. ;)
    edited April 2013
    @Castorp - I agree with you. However, I'm just not sure this small change is worth the time to create new buttons. These buttons were previously done from another screen. I'll keep it in mind for sure. Thanks for the feedback.
    edited April 2013
    @Iecerint - BETA 6.0 is the build number as @Metalloman pointed out. We have public and private BETA releases. BETA 6.0 will be the next public RELEASE.
    edited April 2013
    For those that are new to Archaic GUI we have regularly updated BETA 6 status information and screenshots available on page 1.
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    I meant, at what point will the releases be characterized as "1.0" rather than BETA?

Or does that mean "never" ? :)
    edited April 2013
    @Iecerint - If you're asking when will the BETA stage of development conclude? It will be complete once I've re-designed all of the GUI screens, fixed all bugs and feel satisfied with the final product.
    Archaic said:

@Starlily - That wouldn't work. The beds match the specific type of room. If you look at the vanilla GUI 'rent rooms' screen you will see what I mean. Thanks for the feedback.

I would if I could. BGEE is the only one I have. :)
    @Starlily - We're talking about BGEE...
    Archaic said:

@Starlily - We're talking about BGEE...

??

You said: "If you look at the vanilla GUI 'rent rooms' screen you will see what I mean. Thanks for the feedback. " I thought 'vanilla' was the original game long ago. I'll keep my mouth shut now and go back to playing the game. :D
    edited April 2013
    @Starlily - No big deal - just a simple misunderstanding. Please don't keep your mouth shut. I value your feedback. :)
    edited April 2013
    Archaic Healing (temple) Screen for BETA 6 (in-game):
    6 of 7 screens done. Last screen is the Donate (Temple) screen.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    *gasp* Does it mean we can expect beta 6.0 release next week?
This discussion has been closed.