Skip to content

So I guess the iron ore was enhanced in this edition?

2»

Comments

• CarstonCarston Member Posts: 36
    As long as I don't have magical weapons I usually pick up some extra from corpses, you never know... and bastard swords fetch a good price on the road to Nashkel.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Me too~ I stock up and carry backups til I get magical copies.
  • WulfyWulfy Member Posts: 32
    I broke a two-hander on one of the rats too. Fumin', so I was. Also, do non-magical katanas break? I haven't had one do so yet, and for the cost, I was thinking they probably don't, as they weren't forged in the Sword Coast...
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    The weapons breakage does seem to happen somewhat less frequently than in the original.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Weapon breakages happen loads to me. Plus enemies break thier weapons too, which I guess is realistic
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I dunno, bandits working for the Chill or Black Talon would probably have weapons made with untainted iron, wouldn't they?
  • BanexBanex Member Posts: 127
    In this version,weapons break alright but it's very random,in the original it was every five minutes which would annoy the hell out of me.Much prefer this version.
  • KrypteiaKrypteia Member Posts: 50
    Only had one weapon break so far. I've been carrying around spares, so it hasn't really affected me too much, and at the moment it's just a matter of getting my main character a magic weapon he has proficiency in.

I'm also fairly sure that my character swapped his broken weapon for the non-broken one without me having to go into his inventory. The combat stopped for a moment (the enemy dropped due to an arrow) and I got the auto-pause because "weapon unusable". But when I looked, the sword in his hand was fine. So I went into the inventory and lo and behold, there was a broken one in there.

So I figure either the game swaps for equivalent weapons when extras are in the inventory, or else weapons you aren't using can also break. I've never seen the latter happen before though.
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    I dual wield flails and carried 3 spare flails in my backpack. During Nashkel mines I still managed to get down to a single flail (and the humiliation of a shield in the offhand).

I'm now carrying 5 spare flails...
  • cyberarmycyberarmy Member Posts: 128
    You are just so luck, i just all them maps south of Friendly Arms Inn.

CHARNAME 8-9 broken warhammers... till i get from that crazy undead luving cleric.
    Ajantis 5 broken Bastard swords in 20 minutes, forced me to rob Beregost smithy for Bastard sword +1
    Imoen broke her in her first strike...