Skip to content

Who is in your party? And what do you call it!

2»

Comments

• DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    @Oxford_Guy

I assume you're asking because of the good AC? I did kill him, but as a TN, no twinkle for me. I can't actually kill drizzt if I have a good character. Feels wrong to me. The high AC comes from Ring of Protection +2, Helm of Balduran (+1), Cloak of Balduran (+1), Full Plate (9 points) and 4 points from 18 dex. Total, 17 points, or -7 AC
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

@Oxford_Guy

I assume you're asking because of the good AC? I did kill him, but as a TN, no twinkle for me. I can't actually kill drizzt if I have a good character. Feels wrong to me. The high AC comes from Ring of Protection +2, Helm of Balduran (+1), Cloak of Balduran (+1), Full Plate (9 points) and 4 points from 18 dex. Total, 17 points, or -7 AC

Well the AC and the dual scimitars...
  • DeviijaDeviija Member Posts: 37

PC: Charname, male, Fighter (tank but will dual over to Thief in BG2), True Neutral

Dorn - (damage dealer, and PC's future husbando)
    Neera - (mage)
    Rasaad - (backup fighter)
    Branwen - (healer)
    Imoen - (pure thief)

The Crimson Laurels, their adventuring party name.

Heralds of the Red Dawn, what they're known in bard tales (and prophecy).
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    This has changed dramatically across the game, but currently it's:

"The Bunch of Weirdos Who Follow Me Around"

Ravayu - Thief/Mage, fearless leader, Archer and Setter of Small Fires.
    Dorn - Greatsword hitter. Almost as many kills and party exp contribution as Rav.
    Yeslick - Hammer brother. Also hilariously hard to kill primary focus of enemy attention and caster of Power Word Lay There and Take It.
    Neera - Primary caster of Cloudkills, sometimes on enemies. Also bazooka carrier (three wands of fire for times when you need a whole mess of boom).
    Imoen - Team Mascot; middle of the "awkward phase" of dual classing, which is a shame since she's my 100% Pick Pocket/100% Trap Finding character.
    Coran - Ranged Domination character #2, between Rav and Cor, most enemies end up creased before they even get into melee.

RIP: Viconia, Edwin, Xzar, Montaron, Ajantis and Tiax. Most of you never even made it into the party.

• HeliasHelias Member Posts: 112
    Me: Swashbuckler, dual classed to fighter
    Imoen: dualclassed to mage
    Coran
    KIvan
    Jaheira

I call this party: "Ben Folds Five"
  • SilySily Member Posts: 91
    Me: pure elf swashbuckler with two longswords
    Friend: half-elf blade with a single bastard sword
    Ajantis
    Minsc
    Dynaheir (once we free her)
    Branwen

Could later change Ajantis to Rasaad or Neera...
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I don't know about the party, but Imma callin' it "Cheesemunchers"

Or "Sweet tarts"

For evil, I'll probably go with "Almighty Bollocks" or "Danguses" or "Ding Dongs", don't know yet. I like "Almighty Bollocks" best!
  • PentiumDPentiumD Member Posts: 62
    This is my 2nd Party that im making all thief / bard party with 1 healer lets see how this plays out :D

PC = Jester Male Human NE

NPC's
    Garrick Bard (no one uses him just want to see him through to the end)
    Imoen Thief (going to drop her for Safana)
    Branwen Cleric (Main heals)

Picking up
    Safana Theif - Gonna pick her up after nashkel mines.
    Eldoth Bard - Just to get skie.
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    @pantalion "power word lay there and take it" hahaha I love it I just sprayed water all over my work laptop thanks to you.
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    @Oxford_Guy
    oh I see. Nah, no drizzt fetish. I'm planning on dualing him to druid at 13, and scimitars are probably the best weapon choice for a druid.
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    edited December 2012
    My party is all custom via multiplayer 90% of the time, but here is my current group:

Anduine the human Paladin of Tyr: Will be using two-handed swords or one-handed sword + shield.

Thrauk, the half-orc Righteous Berserker, Right hand of Anduine: Dual-wields longswords/bastard swords. (I use half-orcs and humans for this role. With the exception of the name, the above does not change.)

Human Fighter: Will be dual-classing to Cleric: Uses Flail + Shield
    Human Cleric: Sling + Shield.
    Elven or Human Mage: Sling/Staff.
    Elven Fighter/Thief: Longbow.

As for a name, I have not come up with one yet, and I am not sure that I will. It's something that needs to occur naturally or not at all.
  • MatthewAMatthewA Member Posts: 12
    After a short time of making sure the game works, getting the hang of it again, etc., I managed to figure out where all the new characters are at.

I started a new game with my actual first playthrough. I like to have Charname actually be useful and not just stand there, so I made a ranger/archer. Thaco is always decent, and the sustained ranged damage tends to result in doing most of the killing.

I figure I will keep Imoen for thief skillz, and will likely take the 3 new characters, just 'cause. That leaves one spot. If Dorn holds up as a decent meatshield, then I will probably take another mage for the last spot.
  • MattysekMattysek Member Posts: 24
    CHARNAME: Blade (Way ahead of ya boss!)
    Dorn: Blackguard (Try to keep up!)
    Montaron: Fighter/Thief (What part of "I'm a loner" do ye not understand?)
    Xzar: Necromancer lvl 6 dualed to cleric (I know of dragons with feet like rabbits, 'tis true, I swear.)
    Neera: Wild Mage (I did that one on purpose!)
    Xan: Enchanter (This group is especially hopeless today.)
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    edited December 2012
    Since not all of the NPCs will transfer over from BG:EE to BG2:EE, I will give a list of my two current parties, and what they will become in BG2:EE (assuming that the 3 new NPCs are around for good, and not counting any NPCs they add inbetween now and then. If they do, these lists are subject to change).

Alright, here we go.....

Current BG:EE Evil Party:
    Bjorn, Half-Orc Priest of Talos: Hammer/Sling & Shield, Healing and occasional slamming down baddies
    Dorn, Half-Orc Blackguard: Greatsword (obviously), DPS DPS DPS
    Kagain, Dwarf Fighter: Axe & Shield, tank and archer rusher, and sometimes DPS if I cast strength on him
    Montaron, Halfling Fighter/Thief: Short sword/sling, De-trapper and lockpicker, sometimes DPS if I cast strength on him
    Xzar, Human Necromancer/Cleric: Mace, Secondary healing and other various nifty spells, party lunatic
    Edwin, Human Conjurer: Quarterstaff, supreme battlefield control through magic

No name for this first team, but basically they are Bjorn and Dorn's bitches. Bjorn and Dorn are best friends, but Bjorn is longing for a certain Drow that he saw one time, but she ditched him due to really low charisma...

Current BG:EE Good Party:
    Gilroy, Half-Elf Stalker: Dual Wield Scimitars, backstab EVERYTHING (I gave him boots of speed, and for the most part I am doing a solo game at this point, except when I get to boss fights and thief related tasks)
    Khalid, Half-Elf Fighter: Longsword and Shield, tank/dps
    Jaheira, Half-Elf Fighter/Druid: Club/Sling & Shield, mostly used for healing
    Rasaad, Human Monk: Scimitar, very good at rushing mages/archers with the high movespeed, he and my main character are right up in the enemies faces with sneaky movement and super speed
    Imoen, Human Thief: Shortbow, thief stuff and my only ranged combatant. Bracers of ranged combat +2 and she also takes down mages quickly
    Neera, Half-Elf Wild Mage: Quarterstaff, mostly used for glitterdust and identify.

This team is called....Gilroy the Glorious, and his sometimes-useful lackeys

Upcoming BG2:EE Evil Party:
    Bjorn: I really enjoy playing as a Half-Orc Cleric. This time, he will be more about the non-healing cleric spells like slay living, etc.
    Dorn: If he is still around, we will rock the front lines!
    Korgan: Doesn't regenerate like Kagain, but can do way more damage!
    Edwin: He gets even better in BG2!
    Jan Jansen, Gnome Illusionist/Thief: Crossbow/flashers, thief stuff and trap setting.
    Viconia, Drow Cleric: Flail/Mace/Sling & Shield, main party healer.

Again, no team name, but this time Viconia and Bjorn are in charge. Dorn gets demoted because this time the Drow likes you (kind of).

Upcoming BG2:EE Good party:
    Gilroy: He will move onto Katanas, but otherwise he will basically do the exact same thing: kill everything he can with superspeed/stealth and then call in for backup when things get hairy
    Rasaad: Of course he can come if he is still around, Monks only get better! I dealt with him through the shitty levels, it's time for the payoff
    Anomen, Human Fighter/Cleric: Mace/Flail/Sling, main healer and sometimes tank. Gilroy will shut him up when he is being too arrogant.
    Yoshimo--> Imoen: Yoshimo until I can use Imoen, who will be my main mage and thief
    Neera OR Cernd: If they fix Shapeshifter, I will use Cernd as an out-of-combat healer, and an in-combat werewolf. If they don't fix shapeshifter (which I am not sure if they have already or not), I will continue to use Neera
    Haer'Dalis, Tiefling Blade: Shortswords, mostly casting magic, but he will sometimes use his spins or pickpocket (rarely sing)

This team is Glory the Glorious and his Gallant Goodfellows! (They will certainly be more useful in BG2:EE, he won't be able to kill EVERYTHING....maybe)

I put my BG2:EE teams in a spoiler tag because A.) This post was really long B.) It isn't relevant yet and C.) It does reveal some characters not yet in the game for those who want to be surprised.

EDIT: Sidenote, that Stalker with the boots of speed? Seriously, unless I am in a crucial fight or in tight quarters, I rarely use my other party members at this point. He is using Twinkle and Icingdeath and Studded Leather +2, and I just have him backstab, run and hide, rinse repeat. Jaheira heals him when he Critically Misses on his backstab and has to actually fight the enemy, Imoen and Rasaad are always searching for traps, and Khalid and Neera (and Jaheira when she isn't healing me) are discussing how awesome it is being a Half-Elf...Gilroy joins the conversation whenever he comes back to drop off items in their inventories.
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621

@Oxford_Guy

Well the AC and the dual scimitars...
    My Chaotic Good Stalker is using his scimitars, but couldn't use his armor (kit restriction). However, I didn't even grab his armor because I didn't kill him; I like to think that Imoen nicked the scimitars off of Drizzt when he was going crazy on the gnolls and perhaps dropped them, and she replaced them with replicas (a heist planned by my stalker). Drizzt knows that we took his swords, but he knows it was all in good fun and he is letting us use them. We'll give them back after we take down the Iron Throne.
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    edited December 2012
    I'm still waiting on the Mac version but my team will be this...

Charname - Blackguard
    Shar-Teel - Melee Support
    Garrick - Crossbowman with Utility Spells
    Eldoth - Poison Archer with Poison Magic
    Skie - Archer/Token Thief
    Xan - Disabler Mage

I shall call them The Misfits of Misandry and Misogyny. Or The (not so) Super (not so) Friends. Or The League of Workplace Harassment.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Mordeus said:

I'm still waiting on the Mac version but my team will be this...

Me too, but I couldn't wait, so am currently playing it on Windows 7 via Bootcamp, but will transfer my party to the Mac version when it's releases
    Mordeus said:

Charname - Blackguard
    Shar-Teel - Melee Support
    Garrick - Crossbowman with Utility Spells
    Eldoth - Poison Archer with Poison Magic
    Skie - Archer/Token Thief
    Xan - Disabler Mage

I shall call them The Misfits of Misandry and Misogyny. Or The (not so) Super (not so) Friends. Or The League of Workplace Harassment.

*Garrick*?!? *and* Eldoth? Eldoth I can understand, he's okay if you give him the Dex gloves, but *Garrick*!? Quite apart from being useless, he has one of the most annoying personalities in the game (although I guess as you're taking Xan too, that might not bother you...)
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460

*Garrick*?!? *and* Eldoth? Eldoth I can understand, he's okay if you give him the Dex gloves, but *Garrick*!? Quite apart from being useless, he has one of the most annoying personalities in the game (although I guess as you're taking Xan too, that might not bother you...)

Skie and Eldoth are just incomplete without Garrick there, not to mention depressing. Besides his uselessness endears me to him. I've played the game too many times with the best stats, that sometimes you just feel the urge to handicap yourself.

It also helps that the Skie/Shar-Teel/Eldoth/Garrick/Xan party combo has the highest number of NPC banters in the game. So it's one of the more entertaining parties.

I admit Garrick's personality is quite grating if you have the wrong NPCs but if you can work him into the story then he is quite fun. He works quite well alongside Minsc/Alora/Tiax/Quayle as some bizarre bard groupie party too.