Skip to content

Viconia - Underdark banter

LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
I always wondered, why Viconia doesn't make any comment about the Underdark when you take her with you into the Underdark. I would like to see some interaction implemented.

Comments

• gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    Even though she doesn't make any comments on the underdark itself, she has loads of dialogue with the denizens of the underdark like the deep gnomes,the duergar merchants, the drow in ust natha and the drow who are guarding the exit.
    Sure I'd like more dialogue for all characters, especially Imoen, but Viconia has a fair share for the underdark.
  • LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
    Hmm, I don't seem to remember that (in in my current playthrough I'm not yet there). Was that original content, or something added later on?
    Nope, she gives you hints how to behave, depending on your gender, when entering ust natha. The deep gnomes realize she has no mark. And I can't remember what the Duergar were saying, but I'm pretty sure they did say something.
    Oh and she is trying to reason with the drow guards, but says they won't listen to reason.
    And Viconia will be relieved if you don't spend a night with Phaere and will give a short remark, if you beat phaere and her mother with the fake egg.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Yea I do remember her having specific speech in that part of the campaign, but I don't think she had much to say if anything about the underdark itself. Also, not that I want to be a downer or anything, but didn't the developers say that existing npc's can't be changed (which makes me wonder how new ones will react to old ones, especially in BG2EE).
    Well if you romace Viconia she talks quite a lot about the underdark, so it should suffice.
    Yeah, they were saying, they are unable to change existing material, but I have no clue what is implied, since they often mentioned voice-acting. So I just hope they either expand the dialogue, because of some change in their contract, or they do it like Gaider did it with ascension, releasing the improvements as a mod.
    And they should say, once for all, what is possible with expanding banters and party interaction.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    They actually did say what's possible.

New dialogue in the old main campaign: not possible.
    New dialogue in the new adventures: possible.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Yea I do remember her having specific speech in that part of the campaign, but I don't think she had much to say if anything about the underdark itself. Also, not that I want to be a downer or anything, but didn't the developers say that existing npc's can't be changed (which makes me wonder how new ones will react to old ones, especially in BG2EE).
    Can't change original content, but add new content to original characters... i don't see a problem with that.
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    The weird thing for me was that the silver dragon changed Viconia too... Never got it why...
    She lacks the mark/seal every drow has in order to identify to what house they belong.
  • SaberstormSaberstorm Member Posts: 60
    The weird thing for me was that the silver dragon changed Viconia too... Never got it why...
    What do you mean: changed?
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Because it's easier to write a script for 'Change all partymembers into drow' than 'Change all partymembers into drow, but check if one of them is Viconia, and if so, do not change her, even though it makes little difference'.
  • carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
    edited June 2012
    Because it's easier to write a script for 'Change all partymembers into drow' than 'Change all partymembers into drow, but check if one of them is Viconia, and if so, do not change her, even though it makes little difference'.
    Well one person noticed. :) I would like the new game to take this into consideration.
    @geselle

Caution: Don't read this unless you're 18 years of age.
    I wish I was still 18...
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @caruga

Don't worry I changed it to 18+ for you oldies. Actually I'm 17 so something is very wrong with this arrangement.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    @Ward
    There is no LOL button so I gave an Insightful instead.
    In fact @Ward, on the 3 original female romanceable characters, Viconia is the only romance that don't break up if you decide to have "the good time" with Phaere. Jaheira and Aerie always get in a crisis and break up with you.
    Menage trois? Sure why not? XD!
    edited June 2012
    Menage trois? Sure why not? XD!
    What's a menage trois though?

EDIT: O YA, polyamory.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    oh well what a discussion...
  • Spjuv3rnSpjuv3rn Member Posts: 61
    oh well what a discussion...
    Drow tend to have that effect.

• ShareazuShareazu Member Posts: 51
    so wait... they can't, in no way, add new dialogue? even if it there's no voice acting involved?
  • ShareazuShareazu Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2012
    in the old/main campaign, i mean

EDIT:
    (sorry for the double post!)
  • carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
    I always thought this issue was clear as crystal but now I realise there's still ambiguity: do they mean that they can't, and only can't, alter dialog that already exists that is tied to the original game campaign, or add lines in to the plot?

Does that mean that, for instance, inter-party banter (even between two original characters) that isn't plot-related is permitted?

Because up until now I assumed that that was off-limits as well.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Only the Overhaul guys can confirm exactly what they can or cannot do. My personal interpretation is that they can add dialogue to fix stuff, but they can't go around adding plot elements (which to me includes party banters) in the old areas.
    @Tanthalas

Can you say LOOPHOLE?

New banter in the new areas for the win. Once you arrive in a new area they will start wanting to chat.
  • xan212xan212 Member Posts: 65
    You can talk about Viconia or you can watch her...
    So, for little break....

hihihi and my favorite...
    edited July 2012
    @xan212

Look at her thighs. She does yoga I know it nobody has thighs like that without doing yoga. Damn I hope my future wife goes white haired early instead of making me wait until I'm 64 (ha that was an Ascension joke).

Where did you find that artwork? Probably not official. The second one doesn't do it for me man.

I was upset when Viconia told me she found that merchant's caravan and slept with him. Objectifying my baby! My poor woman.

See what I found HELL YEAH!

• wesdansiewesdansie Member Posts: 2
    She lacks the mark/seal every drow has in order to identify to what house they belong.
    possible extra content or dialogue about her house and what happened??
    She tells you why she left the underdark during the romance.