Skip to content

Viconia - Underdark banter

2»

Comments

• NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    Viconia got a friggin tooth:D
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    The house De'vir (or Devir i don't remember well now) don't exist anymore.

Viconia says that her house entered in disgrace after she left the underdark, but she didn't know the last fate of her house.

During the ush natha quests, the main char can visit the 2° floor of the drow tavern (where we can play the funny game "explode the slave") on the far east is a cage with some drow slaves.

Only the slave near the grid can be talked to, but if you cheat (by using cluaconsole) or use dimensional door (if you imported a mage from BG1 with the spell, cos dimension door don't drop in BG2), you can speak with the other drow slaves there.

If you follow what i put above and speak with the drow slaves there, you learn that they're the last survivors of house De'vir (Viconia's former house).

When we enter the underdark the merchant gnomes at the begin, if Viconia is in the party, say that she don't have any house insignia and therefore she's an outcast.

So, no. Vicônia don't use a house insignia and the previous image would fit well her appearance (better than the other with a spider emblem on the belt, after all Viconia rejected Lolth and worship Shar now).

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Since you can change Viconia, maybe they should have a plot where she can worship Eilistraee, as Solaufein is a secret worshipper of her. And if they can't change the sound files, maybe make her Underdark explanations text-based rather than spoken?
    Viconia is evil, she just don't follow Lolth. There's a banter (i think it's outside romance) where the PC ask her why she chose Shar to worship, she says that shar is the godness of loss and darknes, and as she comes from darkness and lost everything once, shar received her with open arms.

She don't follow Shar for evil reasons, but i agree that as a chaotic good drow she would have an alignment conflict there.
    Doesn't the ending, if you decide to become a God, imply that she did become good?

"According to her ending storyline, after the Bhaalspawn saga, she created a cult to Shar in Waterdeep, but after being in troubles with her deity she wandered the Realms again. She protected Calimport when it was under the attack of the Knights of the Shield, and she even joined Drizzt Do'Urden to save the elven city of Suldanessellar, so it seems that she finally changed her alignment. Due to these acts she was accepted between the elves, an honour never before given to one of her kind, but she departed. It is unknown where she went.

Alternatively if the player chooses to stay mortal and is in a romance with Viconia then she and the player continue adventuring. With the player becoming an important political figure while, she was his counsel. Eventually she bore the player's child which at first strained their relationship.The birth, however, changed her, and she dedicated herself to raising the boy, teaching him both the ways of the drow and of the players's people. She marveled at the understanding in his eyes, but,unfortunately, didn't live to see him grow. Viconia was poisoned by a servant of Lolth, her last words whispered to her loving mate in private."
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited July 2012
    I was pissed off that after spending years adventuring with this mule of a woman that we have babies and then she gets killed by a fascist son of a bitch jealous drow.

Fix the ending so we live happily ever after. >=(
  • shout27shout27 Member Posts: 89
    Ward said:

I was pissed off that after spending years adventuring with this mule of a woman that we have babies and then she gets killed by a fascist son of a bitch jealous drow.

Fix the ending so we live happily ever after. >=(

Unfortunately, you don't get a happy ending if you're a drow. If the adventuring doesn't kill you then the rest of your race is trying to hunt you down because Lloth says to do so.
    edited July 2012
    @shout27

What kind of dogma is that? How can they make killing my wife okay by saying they did it 'in the name of Lloth'. That's the kind of indoctrinated bollocks which got her killed.

Somebody needs to go down there and teach all the Drow there's more to life than Lloth and female gender bias. xD
  • shout27shout27 Member Posts: 89
    You're welcome to try, have a good trip and don't get bitten by poisonous spiders! See you when you get back (somehow I doubt it. . .). :P
    Why don't you come with me and be my human shield? I hear the Underdark is nice this time of the month.
    Viconia has 3 ending options:

1° - Evil viconia, become a high priest of char, is betraied and die by the hands of a jealous priest of char that desired her position.

2° - Good viconia, the end mention minor problems about her and Shar (what surely is not minor), and she spread the good aroud the world.

3° - Romance Viconia, Become frist lady of character (a politican figure), have sons and die to a follower of Lolth.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    shout27 said:

Unfortunately, you don't get a happy ending if you're a drow. If the adventuring doesn't kill you then the rest of your race is trying to hunt you down because Lloth says to do so.

Loth is dead, sorry man :-)

( That is not joke )

Actually, it says "A servant of Lolth." for all we know, that could be a Yochlol (Demons who serve Lolth as handmaidens)- a possessed drider or spider, or something else.
    Lolth is dead in AD&D, when that happened? cos i did not know!
    @kamulzin I think that must have been a mistake. There was a book series called "The War of the Spider Queen", where Lolth went silent and Drow concluded that she had died or been killed, but it was a ploy by her to foment chaos among her worshippers and see who would crawl out of the chaos still alive and stronger for it. She is still alive in 4e. But 1e AD&D has the module "Queen of the Demonweb Pits", where a party of adventurers could travel there and kill her (She only has 68 hp in that module, so...) but that took place in Greyhawk, and what happens in one world doesn't affect any others, so it had no effect in the Realms. AD&D sort of linked the Slavers modules to the Giants Modules A1-4, G1-3 and explicitly linked the Giants with the Drow/Underdark modules (D1-2 and D3- the first two being a single module) and that ended with the module "Queen of the Demonweb Pits", Q1, where you got to end up killing the ultimate evil behind it all. (and then, later on, the Slaver modules were linked with T1, the Village of Hommlet, which eventually got the ending of The Temple of Elemental Evil in the combined module T1-4 The Temple of Elemental Evil.