Skip to content

Enemies kill each other if they have incidently harmed each other

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    OK, so I had funny final fight:
    Angelo was using his Arrows of Detonation on me (that didn't do much damage to me anyway), hurting his comrades. After few shots Sarevok and Tazok were so pissed at him, that instead of me, they started to attack Angelo :)
    Poor Angelo died, killed by Sarevok & Tazok.

So improve AI, or just take away Arrows of Detonation from Angelo.
    It's hilarious, but I don't think it should be like that ;D
  • IncasIncas Member Posts: 38
    This was actually in BG1, but it shouldn't happen.
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    If Angelo is Chaotic Evil and has a Wisdom of 8 or less it's not a bug ;)
    (Just joking.)
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    Hey, it was awesome when that stuff happened in classic Doom games. It was the best way to clear some maps.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited December 2012
    I noticed this too, maybe they have some infighting, but that's just more fun.
    I'm sure modders will toughen them up.
  • EilerEiler Member Posts: 93
    edited December 2012
    I remember this happening with some frequency in the original BG1 and BG2 games. I wasn't sure if this was a bug or not.

It also happened between party members with some types of area/group effect damage.

It happend all the time with summoned deva/solar/planetars when they had a globe of blades effect up (or was that wall of swords? I don't remember exactly what it was called off hand). It would always cause party members hit by the effect to attack the deva/solar/planetar.

Shandyr said:

I am in the final battle in the moment.

Current behaviour (example):

Angelo is shooting exploding fireballs at Dorn (who has 75% magic resistence and a lot of fire resistance).
    So Dorn can run around with haste and Angelo Shoots him.

The fireballs explode causing harm to Tazok and Sarevok who then attack Angelo and kill him.

I do not know if this is intended.

Expected Behaviour: Even if enemies by accident harm each other they should concentrate on the playerparty instead, and not kill each other.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • XivirielXiviriel Member Posts: 166
    Tehehe, I like this. I think it should be left alone as it kind of represents what chaotic evil is all about. Think about it, here is Sarevok trying to kill his half sibling and this douche-bag with a bow who is supposed to be helping him is just shooting explosive arrows hurting everyone! I could just see Sarevok turning around and yelling "IDIOT!" then decapitating him. He isn't really about loyalty and he loves murder.
    Also just as a funny thing, once Angelo shot his last arrow then ran right into the blast and died, it was really funny.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Looks like the default script for Sarevok and Tazok has a rule that very clearly states that if attacked by a non-enemy, that person becomes an enemy. It is hard to call it a bug when it is this spelled out.

Contrast this to a very bizzare rule in Sarevok's script which says if the PC is attacking me, and an enemy is within 7 feet, there is a 10% chance of attacking the last attacker (regardless if it is the PC or an enemy).

So, I think this one falls under "not a bug"