Skip to content

[BGEE] Bug with opcode 122 (magically created inventory items)

CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
edited November 2013 in Fixed
Observed: When using opcode 122 (create inventory item), it ignores the timing mode and sets expiry on the created items. I've tried it with timing 1 (instant/perm until death), 9 (instant/perm) and 4 (delayed/perm) and had the item get an expiry set on all occasions.

Expected: Items created via opcode 122 with permanent timing should have 0 set as their expiry (i.e. they never expire).

As a replicable test case install 2H bastard swords, 2H katanas, or shapeshifter rebalancing from BG2 Tweaks. The 2H swords or the shapeshifter paw are all created with permanent timing (1), but will eventually disappear after a few minutes. If the items are simply CLUAConsole'd into the game, they do not disappear.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    added to tracker
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Same issue with bogstandard goodberries, created through the same mechanism.
  • MarcmadMarcmad Member Posts: 61
    edited December 2012
    CamDawg said:

[...] or shapeshifter rebalancing from BG2 Tweaks. the shapeshifter paw are all created with permanent timing (1), but will eventually disappear after a few minutes.

Funny, I thinking it was a feature of the mod. :P I like the fact the werewolf form is not permanent ^^

Can you eventually add this as an option?

• satyrionsatyrion Member Posts: 104
    Hello, my paw disappears like every minute, how can i CLUAconsole it into the game so it stays there permanent? Whats the code for it?
    satyrion said:

Hello, my paw disappears like every minute, how can i CLUAconsole it into the game so it stays there permanent? Whats the code for it?

It is not possible to create magic weapons into the right slot via clua console.
    Which shape you use for which class (just to make sure it works in next patch).
    edited January 2013

satyrion said:

It is not possible to create magic weapons into the right slot via clua console.
    Which shape you use for which class (just to make sure it works in next patch).
    I must quote CamDawg *If the items are simply CLUAConsole'd into the game, they do not disappear.*

This means he was able to CLUAconsole "the paw" into the game right?

If not is there nothing i can do to continue playing on my lvl 4 shifter except for resting each 3 min to be able to become a werewolf again or delete the mod and have a very underpowered and weak werewolf form?

Edit: I am using a Human-Druid-Shapeshifter.

@Satyrion You missed the expression "right slot".
    ok, but i hope it can be fixed so it dont disappears each minute :)

thanks
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    What does that smash of tech talk mean? Is this a problem the average player has to worry about or is this just for modded games?
  • RedDeadEdRedDeadEd Member Posts: 5
    has this been fixed yet