Skip to content

[Request] Invasion Quest

HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
I and I'm sure many others love the depth of BG, the fact that it implements a range of dialogue, quests and combat.

However every now and again I feel that I want to relive the level of butchery you see in the gibberling quest and (ehem) the xvart village. It would be nice therefore to see one or two quests where you get to fight very large numbers of weak enemies and carve a path of death and destruction through them. Something like this I imagine was impossible with the original BG due to engine/system power limitations.

Some of you may remember that there's a quest in Knights of the Old Republic where you have to prepare the defence of a small village, or in Neverwinter Nights 2 where you arrange the defence of your keep. Or indeed at the start of Icewindale II where you can do various things to boost readiness of the garrison.

It would be very nice to see something like that implemented into BG, you combine the preparation (setting traps, boosting morale etc etc, and then facing off against a horde. This could also potentially involve you having to split up your party to cover the potential entrances, a bit like Trademeet.

This could yield a real battle involving multi-level planning and strategy, combined with wholesale destruction.

This request could potentially be merged with the stronghold request below.

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,551
    Love the suggestion. I think the devs should keep it in mind while creating new stuff.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Sounds like an awesome idea for a mod.