Skip to content

Dorn vs Sarevok. * New players be warned this thread contain some spoilers.*

13»

Comments

• NecroblivionNecroblivion Member Posts: 210
    Bhaaldog said:

Sarevok would win without a doubt. Using the final fight with Sarevok in BG as a comparison is not a particularly good comparison as the AI is very weak and he is not properly equipped.

Ahh.. you mean in ToB?! as NPCs??? well.. Sarevok can one shot things... so I guess he will do the same to Dorn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    edited January 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    edited January 2013
    Sarevok - level 15 fighter (if he could be classified as such... His TACH0 at least as well as his pre-TOTSC HP seem to suggest he belongs to warrior class)
    Dorn - level 8 black guard

Sorry, in BG, Sarevok would mop the floor with Doen over and over.

At the same level, well, we're talking about deathbringer assault (10% chance of 200 damage) versus absorb health/ aura of dispair/ poison/ a few spells... Going to be an interesting fight.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    We don't know the full extent of dorns powers yet, he did something funky that involved making some of those archers turn into ghost things during his encounter
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Bhaaldog said:

Bhaaldog said:

Sarevok would win without a doubt. Using the final fight with Sarevok in BG as a comparison is not a particularly good comparison as the AI is very weak and he is not properly equipped.

Ahh.. you mean in ToB?! as NPCs??? well.. Sarevok can one shot things... so I guess he will do the same to Dorn.
    I was just trying to make a quick point that if we are considering a hypothetical battle between Sarevok and Dorn, it would not be realistic to judge Dorn as being controlled / equipped by a "player" and use that experience of beating the computer AI (which is weak) to judge Sarevok's fighting potential in BG1. I would have liked to have seen greatly improved difficulty in certain encounters in BG EE along the lines of Tactics mod or Sword Coast stratagems but alas it was not meant to be...
    Really, what they should do is completely overhaul the difficulty setting, to allow for the inclusion of things like SCS and Tactics as difficulty settings instead of the 'increased damage' thing they have now. I think it would add a lot to the game.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173

Really, what they should do is completely overhaul the difficulty setting, to allow for the inclusion of things like SCS and Tactics as difficulty settings instead of the 'increased damage' thing they have now. I think it would add a lot to the game.

More choises in the difficulty settings would be a really welcome addition. Some of the things I would like:
    - Possibility to set your saving throws harder
    - Possibility to set your and enemy HPs to maximum regardless difficulty
    - Optional (Harder) enemy AI scripts (like the ones mentioned)
  • KushuKushu Member Posts: 70
    I guess it depends on the iteration of Sarevok you're using.

Boss Stats Sarevok? Does Magic Resistance stop Absorb Health, Poison Weapon and Aura of Despair? Just curious. I think Sarevok wins here, regardless. He's got what, triple Dorn's Health? Armor of Faith and DUHM (if blackguards get it) will help. They'll help a good bit. But I don't expect them to change the overall outcome.

BG2, ironically, I think gives Dorn the better chance at survival. Sarevok loses his massive HP and immunities. Gains Deathbringer though, and I think his win depends on it. Otherwise, Dorn's got his aura to -4 thaco/damage/ac, he can deal and heal 30 with Absorb, Poison is effectively +12 damage per hit.

Exp Cap? Sarevok is at the advantage. Fighter-vok has GWW+Deathbringer. Mage-vok most likely wins. Thief-vok has Hide in Shadows, which allows him to disappear, run away and set traps. Can you set traps with an enemy on-screen? If so, Theif-vok wins outright. If not, it becomes an interesting lull, I think.
    I'm not sure how much of a counter Dorn would have for this. There's nothing saying he has to follow Thief-Vok when baited. He could use a ranged weapon and just shoot Thief-vok full of poisons.
    Does Deathbringer work on ranged weapons?
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    sarevok

grandmastery in 2handed swords. ker-chunk!
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    Remember that Sarevok has Deathbringer assault !AND! a chance to stun on hit. One GWW and one effect is likely to occur.
  • StrayedMonkeyStrayedMonkey Member Posts: 146
    Sarevok > Dorn