Skip to content

torture room, 3rd level of cloakwood mines

EphantEphant Member Posts: 19
edited February 2013 in Fixed
There's a seemingly empty room there, south of the map; when I've entered it, invisible ogre mage initiated dialogue with me, asking if I like what he did whith the tortured slave (room is empty, ogre mage is invisible). After dialogue he becomes visible, killed him. Seems like something that was censored back in the vanilla in a shabby way, I think in should be fixed to at least visible ogre mage and a dead body on the floor, so that his dialogue makes sense. Also spawn rates of hobgoblins on this level are a bit insane, they just swarm me each time I enter certain rooms, something I haven't noticed anywhere alse so far, would be nice if they were lowered a bit. They're easy to kill, but irritating.
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Nah, there are dead bodies scattered on the floor.

I agree the fight should be a bit more memorable and have a better reward though- rather than just a vanilla ogre mage.
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    I do think this is a graphical glitch, as the bodies were missing for me (as was the Mage, before he finished speaking) which wasn't the case in previous versions.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited December 2012
    Bodies are there. But i can see how they vanish after some time.
  • EphantEphant Member Posts: 19
    hmmm... they might be disappearing after resting in the location
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    edited December 2012
    I have this bug as well.

The room is completely 100% empty when you enter it. The ogre mage will appear after his dialogue. Nothing else in the room ever appears.

Edit:

Maybe its happening to people that rest in the first part of the area long enough that the bodies disappear, and the ogre mage is suppose to be invisible?

Next time I run through this area I'll make sure not to rest at all after entering that level.

Double Edit:

I just saw other people offered the idea for a solution. Should have read the entire thread and not just the original post before commenting. Sorry.
  • griever0483griever0483 Member Posts: 129
    edited February 2013
    Cloackwood mines, third level: there are not corpses in the Ogre Magi room, even if they are supposed to be.

Another thing: sometimes hobgoblins don't spawn in Natasha (the woman mage) room such in the original game.
    Post edited by Avenger_teambg on
  • griever0483griever0483 Member Posts: 129
    No response?
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Heya @griever0483 I have seen this.. just havent had a chance to try it out yet.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Sorry, I forgot to respond. I've already submitted a fix for this.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I know that corpses that are placed in an area will start to "decay" after you enter the area. If you rest or leave too much they will disappear from "decay". Is this possibly the case here?
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Yes. However, there's a flag that you can set so that the corpses won't disappear. Right now we've got disappearing bodies for the ogre mage torturer, a bunch in Durlag's Tower, and the Oghma doppleganger's dead cats.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Fixed in 2013