Skip to content

Know Bugs and Issues with BG:EE iPad

Comments

• GiolonGiolon Member Posts: 22
    Bug: "Open Container" Button on Bags Clicks through to "Done" when you tap on it

Reported: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11038/ipad-open-container-button-on-bags-clicks-through-to-done-when-you-tap-on-it
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/12024/cant-open-neeras-gem-bag-nor-the-potion-bag-via-the-proper-menu-solved-with-workaround

iPad Version: iPad 3

Description:
    1) Open a bag, such as Neera's Gem Bag.
    2) Tap on the "Open Container" button.

Notice that if you tap on an area of the button that overlaps with the area that the "Done" button will occupy (generally the right half), it will automatically register a tap on the "Done" button and close the bag.

Workaround: Tap on the upper left corner of the "Open Container" button, where it does not overlap with the position of the "Done" button.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    BUG: Movie Play within Game Flaky/Non-Existent (Ending Movie, Credits, etc.)

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11995/no-ending-movie-after-final-battle-broken-final-save

iPad Version: ALL

Description: The ending movie has been reported as not playing upon completion of the game. Various other movies from the original Baldur's Gate (such as played when entering Berignost or Nashiel) are also claimed as not playing, and the "Sleeping at the Inn" movie is still using the "sleeping outdoors" movie (not sure if that's intended or not).

The thread above identifies pretty much most / all of the transition videos are not playing.
  • BruisedBruised Member Posts: 1
    Ipad 2
    Model:mc916ty

I would like to add to the previous post the following:
    The movies played (rest in woods and others) use a player. To skip it you need to tap on the move to bring up the controls and tap on the Done button. This should be fixed somehow I think.
  • farkatfarkat Member Posts: 3
    Bug: game text box working incorrectly

Ipad version 3

The text box (middle bottom) scrols down too far when in a conversation, so you cant see the complete response of an npc, just your answer, hoever there is a large empty space at the bottom where text could be shown.

If you tap that empty space the ipad keyboard pops up!

Combined with the scrolling issues described in other posts here and the difficulty of using the scroll bars (tiny sensitive screeb surface), this is really annoying.

Cheers
    Bug: commands often do not register

Ipad 3

Often when in a fight i give instruction to a character, like drink potion, but the action is never executed. With attack and such this is slightly better, because the action is shown in the character portrait, although giving the same instruction multiple times before it registers is not much fun, but with potions nothing is shown either way, which can be killing ;-)

Really annoying when 10 minutes into a tough fight the character apparently did not drink the potion of invulnerability.

Cheers
    Guard (shield) button does not work correctly

Ipad 3

In the original you could give a guard radius after clicking the guard button, very handy, by pressing the left mouse button to indicate the center of the circle and dragging to give the radius. This is gone ( i have no idea what the guard
    /shield button does now).

Cheers
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    edited December 2012
    -
    Post edited by SamuelVarg on
  • YoYoYoYo Member Posts: 71
    BUG: save cant load, CTD

IPad2. BGEE 2009

If You several time hit load mission (save) sametimes load screen doesnt work. Shows only black thumbnails screenies. If You hit load BG EE recived CTD.
  • JayCarrJayCarr Member Posts: 8
    BUG: Drizzit AI broken.

I encounter Drizzit soon after beating the Naskel mines. He asked for my help and when I offered it to him he just started walking aimlessly in circles while all the enemies ganged up on me... From the books I get the feeling that Drizzit is a slightly better fighter than that.
  • acurrieracurrier Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    [Problem] - Black Pits

Right as I beat Fight 2:6 Bugged (vs the ankhegs), I accidentally grazed the pause button as it was transitioning into the 'cinematic' portion where the drow teleports in to take you away. Effect was that the game paused, and I was unable to unpause the game as the UI had disappeared. Had to force BG to quit and reload.
    Post edited by acurrier on
  • GadrenGadren Member Posts: 23
    BUG: clicking on dialogue does nothing
    Version: iPad 3

Sometimes in dialogue, I will click on an option and nothing will happen except making the "click" selection sound. I can tap any option hundreds of times and nothing will happen. Sometimes, it eventually works after a frantic storm of tapping. Other times I need to reset the application completely.

This only happens sometimes (I'm in Chapter 4 and it has happened about 8 times so far.)
  • ArturArtur Member Posts: 35
    edited December 2012
    Illydth said:

BUG: Tutorial - Group Combat Scenario does not allow "autoattack"

Description: During the "group combat" scenario in the basement of the tutorial, characters stop attacking regularly. It looks as if a single "attack" command causes the character only to take a single swing before that character must then, again, register an attack command. Somewhat as if each character is set to a "passive" AI script which takes over after the character swings. Multiple times while playing through the tutorial's group combat tutorial (Cannot verify with other tutorial combats...I believe the ones with the main character only are fine...maybe) the various members of the party simply stood there after swinging once while being attacked.

This might be because those characters cannot be hit by the illusions in the basement (no damage taken) so something in the AI scripts are causing the characters to treat the illusions as Neutral?

Either way, this makes the group combat scenario VERY frustrating.

NOTE: This DOES NOT happen (at least I haven't seen it yet) in the normal campaign.

It's not an iPad exclusive bug.

It also happens with the latest patch on the PC version as I just noticed.
    Just throwing it out there.

• marv335marv335 Member Posts: 1
    iPad 3
    After fighting the Basilisks and their wizard Mutamin north of Gullykin, Minsc was petrified, then disappeared.
    Pressing the hint tab shows his name, but there is no petrified statue to reanimate.
  • GygaxianProseGygaxianProse Member Posts: 201
    IPad 3
    This has been happening regularly. Load a saved game, and the main character takes off running in a random direction. Once or twice its been the whole party, but usually just the CHARNAME. In this case a gnome illusionist, which is suicidal.
    edited January 2013
    Issue: Hidden Interface Objects not Displayed by "Hints Button" and no ability to find on iPad.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/12529/firebeads-home

(this is one of several locations identified in the threads on this board).

EDIT: 1/2/2012: The following thread was also asked to be linked into this bug/issue report:
    https://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13910/durlags-tower-quest-issues-due-to-touch-interface

Description: This is related to the reports about the iPad version not having a cursor you can drag all over the place which changes when you can click on something. In many cases, there are "hidden" objects within the world (like the door into firebeard's home) that are required for game progression or quest completion.

These kinds of doorways are not being shown by what the 'hint' button highlights. In the PC version you can drag your mouse pointer over the screen till it lights up and highlights an interact-able object. In the iPad version, this isn't a possibility and thus these hidden interface objects are a mystery for new players.

Something needs to be done about this kind of clarity.
    Post edited by Illydth on
    Request (LOW PRIORITY): Add X,Y Coordinates

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11250/xy-coordinates

Description: There's been a request to add the X,Y coordinates of the party to the iPad...the equivalent (assumeably) of pressing the "X" button on the keyboard in the PC version. The lack of coordinates is hindering some users using some of the walkthroughs that have been written about the game in obtaining some of the hidden items and such.

Potentially pop up the current x,y coordinates as with the "x" key as part of the "help" button's press? As it highlights all of the active objects it also pops the X/Y Coordinates on the screen somewhere?

As this is NOT necessarily a bug (unless it's functionality that SHOULD be there which it's not) we expect this will take a lower priority than the reported bugs.
  • BigityBigity Member Posts: 98
    farkat said:

Bug: commands often do not register

Ipad 3

Often when in a fight i give instruction to a character, like drink potion, but the action is never executed. With attack and such this is slightly better, because the action is shown in the character portrait, although giving the same instruction multiple times before it registers is not much fun, but with potions nothing is shown either way, which can be killing ;-)

Really annoying when 10 minutes into a tough fight the character apparently did not drink the potion of invulnerability.

Cheers

Make sure you are giving them enough time to do the action before they are given a different command. This could be up to 6 seconds or so?

Might be an AI issue too, like trying to get a cleric to turn undead when they have a script set,
    BUG: Rassad's Quest Potential Problem: "Forcing" the doors causes inability to progress in quest.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/12736/bug-in-rasaads-quest-area-spoilers

iPad Version: Unknown

*** This is currently unverified, please comment in the attached thread if there are updates.***

Description: Bypassing the conversational way to Unlock the prisoners and using an alternate method (such as Knock which was tried) seems to cause the prisoners not to respond to the quest. Whether this is intentional or whether the only way to carry forward the quest is SUPPOSED to be through dialog (not workaround) or not has not been confirmed.

At this point, however, there is an ability to bypass the conversational way to proceed through the quest, unlock the prisoners through alternate methods and be unable to progress through the quest line.
  • LazarusNineLazarusNine Member Posts: 44
    edited December 2012
    BUG: Neera loses spell use by factor of 1 if spell selected and deselected (while paused)

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13677/neera-loses-1-spell-usage-if-spell-selecteddeselected-while-paused

iPad Version: iPad 4 (iOS 6) - or all

Description: Let's say Neera has 3 usable spells. If I select a spell to use and then change my mind and decide to move Neera instead or select a different spell/fighting stance, I lose one spell use (down to 2) even if the spell is never activated and the cast spell command superseded whilst still on the same move. This does not happen with any of the other characters. If I want to change the spell to be cast or make another command, they retain the same number of spell uses as before making the initial spell selection.
    Post edited by LazarusNine on
  • SarthosSarthos Member Posts: 31
    @LazarusNine: If it's all happening while paused, that is a bug. Otherwise it's normal. If you start a spell and interrupt it--it's gone. If the char has to move to get in casting range then you can pause and give them new orders without losing the spell.
  • LazarusNineLazarusNine Member Posts: 44
    edited December 2012
    Deleted to ensure consistency of post content (as requested by OP, Illdyth).
    Post edited by LazarusNine on
  • SarthosSarthos Member Posts: 31
    My guess is that the corrupted saves and/or graphics are due to the same memory leak issues. Hopefully the next update will cure this problem.

I suggest shutting down any other major apps while playing and saving after any major encounter or when leaving to load another app. BG does not auto-save on exit like most other apps do. Restarting the app once in a while may help as well. I have had pretty good luck so far using these methods.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    BUG: Music in the main menu

iPad Version: ALL (?)

Description: Choosing the load game option and cancelling it makes the background music disappear. Choosing the start game option restores it, but the music played is the one from the starting screen (aka campaign selection menu).
    edited January 2013
    BUG: Lothandar Missing

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13162/lothander-quest
    (Potentially part of: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10256/bug-lothander-missing/p1)

Description: Lothander is not where he is supposed to be in game. WIthout the NPC spawned the party cannot continue their quest. No "console" on the iPad version disallows spawning of the quest NPC to get around this bug.

This is potentially part of the "bug-lothander-missing" bug report but in this case Rassad is not part of the bug reporter's party and adding and removing him as described in the bug-lothander-missing report DOES NOT respawn Lothander for the party.

POTENTIAL UPCOMING FIX: Patch Notes for 1.0.2009a identify: "Lothander / Rasaad bug fixed".
    Request (LOW PRIORITY): Streamline the Interface to make Load/Save easier.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11862/streamlining-the-main-menu
    (Also: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11525/too-many-steps-before-i-can-load-a-save-game-on-startup)

Description: It's been requested to streamline the main interface to eliminate / limit the number of clicks possible to load/save games as well as other interface actions. If this kind of interface streamlining is not possible due to contract restrictions and/or other technical reasons, it'd be great if you could let us know this so we can stop requesting changes of this nature. Otherwise, the ideas laid out in the threads above are good ideas for interface changes that will make loading/saving/managing our games easier...providing for a better overall user experience.
    edited January 2013
    Bug: General Memory Leak/Slowdown/App Crash Bugs

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11708/bug-have-to-restart-the-game-after-30-mins-or-so-game-turns-slow

Description: This is a General "Crash Bug" report. Many users are experiencing memory release/refresh issues whereby after a significant time played (30 minutes in the case of this report, other reports are longer or somewhat shorter) the game slows down, loses framerate and eventually crashes completely.

The only fix to this seems to be to either hard terminate the application and/or reboot the iPad. Limiting the open programs on the iPad while playing BG:EE seems to increase the amount of time before the slowdown/crash happens.

Most of the community expects that this is the same problem that is keeping the iPad 1 from functioning, but it's being reported separately from the acknowledged "slow memory leak" that has been identified on Twitter and on the forums in case there is a separate resolution and in the spirit of "consistent and comprehensive bug reporting".

POTENTIAL FIXES UPCOMING: Patch 1.0.209b identifies "A series of memory leaks have been fixed."
    BUG: Removal of IAP ability turns off already purchased IAPs.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/12119/can-i-add-character-iap-after-i-have-started

Description: Going into BG:EE and making in app purchases (IAPs) brings the content of those IAPs into the game. However, if you then go into the iPad and turn off IAPs for this application, the ALREADY PURCHASED IAPs are disabled and the characters and areas are disabled in the game, even if they were already part of the game in progress.

I would expect that if IAPs are turned off, you would still be able to use already purchased content, but could not purchase NEW content from the App Store...not that current IAP content would be disabled.

Note: Turning back on IAPs DOES bring the IAP content back into the game (it's not lost, or so the report goes) but this is a bit of a hassle.
  • BarryWallisBarryWallis Member Posts: 14
    edited December 2012
    BUG: World map has all locations as light grey
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

iPad Version: Confirmed on iPad 3 (not sure about other versions)

Description: All areas on the world map are very light grey regardless of whether they have been visited. They can still be picked and travelled to normally. Quitting out of the game and reloading from a saved game does not resolve the defect. Killing he app and restarting does resolve the defect. At this time I cannot reproduce the problem.
    Post edited by BarryWallis on
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934

BUG: World map has all locations as light grey
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

iPad Version: Confirmed on iPad 3 (not sure about other versions)

Description: All areas on the world map are very light grey regardless of whether they have been visited. They can still be picked and travelled to normally. Quitting out of the game and reloading from a saved game does not resolve the defect. Killing he app and restarting dies resolve the defect. At this time I cannot reproduce the problem.

Confirming with a screenshot

• ExploseevoExploseevo Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    I didn't see this on the thread.

Bug: Disappearing HUD menu on the left side of screen.

Device: iPad 3

Description: My left side of the screen icon buttons disappear. I have to hold down a characters icon to open up a character sheet, then the icons appear. Saving and reloading a rebooted app doesn't fix the problem. It just opens up the app with the same problem. I no longer have the "auto save" feature. Please help.