Skip to content

Old BG functions missing

PostTraumaPostTrauma Member Posts: 7
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
Hi,

it's not exactly a bug because it doesn't prevent you from playing but it's pretty annoying. You can't select your party members using numbers on the keyboard, nor can you select dialogue options by them. Since this worked in all IE games, I'm pretty disappointed it was removed (or forgotten). Multitasking is impossible since you have to click each party member to order him somewhere.

Speaking of key functions it would be nice if we could assign more keys. For example I'd like to select the whole group by ";" (the key between Tab and Escape) but it's just not possible to do. Even if I edited baldur.ini manually it wouldn't work.

Another function (also in all IE games but PS:T) that I miss terribly is adjusting game speed. This was done by raising frame rate above 30 in the external configuration.

Maybe these were fixed in one of the updates but I was told they weren't. I played the game for a bit and these missing functions really discouraged me from buying it as it dramatically reduces playability for me.

By the way, is the button for custom portraits still missing? I hope not.

Thanks and sorry if I'm duplicating threads.
Post edited by AndreaColombo on

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @PostTrauma Both functions work perfectly. For the custom portraits button to show up you just need to copy your portraits to the portraits folder in my documents/baldur's gate - enhanced edition/. If it does not exist, just create it and copy your portraits there.
  • PostTraumaPostTrauma Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2012
    @mlnevese You mean both the frame rate setting and number selecting? Was it fixed by the updates or did it work for you from the beginning?

Ok, so BGEE follows the trend to save user files separately. This explains why my portraits folder in the installation folder was not the solution. Thanks for info.
    edited December 2012
    @PostTraum Frame rating was implemented in the 2009 update. The numbers always worked for me.
    edited December 2012
    Hmm, the numbers will probably be the same issue as the one with French keyboard. Let's see if they can sort it out somehow. Switching to English keyboard doesn't help.

By the way, what's a 2009 update?

Thanks for your response.
    edited December 2012
    @Postrauma Update version number... current one is 1.0.2010
    I got the keyboard working. I had to make English the default keyboard since it kept switching back to my default when I started the game.

I also got the portraits working.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,527
    Moving this to Not An Issue, then.