Skip to content

NPC Interaction and Banter Guide (OK Finished)

2»

Comments

• LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited February 2013
    The vanilla banters are moddable, actually... I'm pretty sure their occurrence could be increased, and interactions tweaked. I just hope Beamdog eventually does so in an enhancement of its own along these lines. It would be quite a lot of work for a modder if the devs eventually do it later.
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    This might be a newbie question but anyway, is this a NPC mod to substitute the Gibberlings 3 NPC mod? will there be "normal" banters between them?
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited February 2013
    @JosefineS If you mean this guide that Mordeus compiled, it's basically a catalog of all of the lines that the NPCs in BG: ToSC (original unmodded game) speak. Some of the NPCs do have some interactions in the vanilla game and BG:EE, they just don't occur very often.

If you referring to the post I just made, I was just commenting that a mod could be developed that makes those banters/interactions fire more often.

The guide to NPC dialogue featured in this thread is not the BG1 NPC Project, which is currently being updated for BG:EE. But your post seems to reflect that you know that.
    Post edited by Lemernis on
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Thank you for clearing that up for me! :)
  • GriboeGriboe Member Posts: 47
    Loved this thread for months and months now! Constantly used it when I rerolled to pick fitting partymembers.

I may have missed it but is there a 2EE equivalent?
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    @Griboe There isn't a 2EE equivalent mainly because there is so much dialog banter in BG2EE to document.
  • GriboeGriboe Member Posts: 47
    @Mordeus I could totally live with just the numbers but yeah I see you point - Most everyone is bound to have some interaction with whomever I pick.
  • @Griboe Sorcerers.net has a big document of all the random banters, but that's full text and as a result very spoilery, and it doesn't take into account NPC reactions to quests and such.