Skip to content

Merchants should replenish their stock after some time.

KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
edited December 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
So smith in Beregost is whining, that he hasn't got much work last times... But when I buy almost all of his stuff, he NEVER makes new items. And I'm talking about non-magical stuff, like weapons, helmets, armours (especially full plate).
So I guess he is just a lazy bastard? :)

Same with other merchants: Baldur's Gate is a merchant city, with ships comming there every day with cargo... Why don't they replenish their stock?

And similar thing with temples or mages: They don't make new potions/scrolls.

So please, make merchants replenish their stock (non magical weapons/armors, any ammunition, potions and scrolls) after some time. After a week or so...

Comments

• EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    This is well know problem and you are right.
    All smiths, priests and mages in BG are lazy bastards.

I can understand non-magic weapons ( even armor ) but scrolls and potions ?

" Welcome in temple of Helm. I am very sorry, but we don´t have any healing potions. One adventurer was buy ALL FIVE ( ours full inventory ) and we don´t know how made more. I am mighty priest i can rise dead, summon planetars, cast fire rain but potions ? That is too hard for me. "
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    What kind of epic game are you playing where you are running out of mundane loot at all the shopkeepers in the game (There are a *Ton* of shopkeepers in baldurs gate itself)