Skip to content

[(BG1) BUG] Ranger "Racial Enemy" effect not effective

2»

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited August 2012
    @Bhryaen

I did some more tests on the Hobgoblins and everything is working fine for me.

I used a Long Sword, Long Bow and arrows bought from Winthrop in all my tests, these are my results:

Fighter, Human, 13 STR and DEX
    Long Sword, Long Bow. 1 proficiency each

MALKAX +0, +3
    HAKT +0, +3
    HOBGOBSU +0, +1
    HOBGOB +0, +3

Ranger, Human, 13 STR and DEX, 1 proficiency each, Racial Enemy Hobgoblin

MALKAX +4, +7
    HAKT +4, +7
    HOBGOBSU +4, +5
    HOBGOB +4, +7

The +3 on Ranged Attacks is explained by the +1 THAC0 from the Long Bow and by those Hobgoblins wearing Leather Armor (which has a +2 AC penalty).
    HOBGOBSU only give +1 because its not wearing armor.

The extra +4 you sometimes get with your Long Sword is most likely because the mob is using a Ranged Weapon.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @Tanthalas
    I'll buy that. ;-) Hakt does have that nice bow. It's just that the results I got would drop a +5 in the middle of mostly +9's. Not sure, but I think it's probably normal behavior. I'm willing to pass this forward as fixed.
    @Bhryaen

Ok, I also did some tests on the Spiders and they seem ok too. It looks like that they just have some special THAC0 modifiers.

Fighter, Human, 13 STR and DEX
    Long Sword, Long Bow. 1 proficiency each

SPIDGI +0, -3
    SPIDSW +0, -3
    SPIDPH +0, -1

Ranger, Human, 13 STR and DEX, 1 proficiency each, Racial Enemy Giant Spider

SPIDGI +4, +1
    SPIDSW +4, +1
    SPIDPH +4, +3
    Bhryaen said:

@Tanthalas
    I'll buy that. ;-) Hakt does have that nice bow. It's just that the results I got would drop a +5 in the middle of mostly +9's. Not sure, but I think it's probably normal behavior. I'm willing to pass this forward as fixed.

Those +5's were probably when he switched to his melee weapon.
    edited August 2012
    I think I'll move this to Confirm Fixed.

From what I saw your results also confirmed that its working.

EDIT: Actually, you'll have to move it.
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    Bhryaen said:

OBSERVED:
    When testing whether or not racial enemy bonuses are being implemented, I got these stats from a ranger with Ogre as Racial Enemy:

Mind you, I used rangers which both had STR 16 and Drizzt's +5 scimitar, so it should have been the equivalent, though other attribute scores varied somewhat.

EXPECTED:
    The ranger +4 attack roll vs Racial enemy.

Plus, why no xvart Racial Enemy? What if my ranger hates them? We hates the xvartses... Hates them... forever!!!

It is fixed.
    But does it stack with Drizzt's weapon :P

Xvarts should be Goblins btw.

• BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @artificial_sunlight
    Actually I was surprised to find a full DnD entry on xvarts detailing them as if they're more than a goblin wannabe, but in fact they have a distinct relationship to goblins and kobolds in the low HP monster universe. :-P
    http://www.lomion.de/cmm/xvart.php

Note, however, that at present xvarts and kobolds are lumped together in BG as the same race... Nexlit and Ratchild would have a fit if they knew...
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    @Bhryaen
    Nice find, I saw in the text that there are Xvart Shamans. They neeeeed to implement them :)

Ontopic:
    I don't exactly recall how many racial enemies there are, but if every monster has an own section there will be a lot of racial enemies