Skip to content

My cat saved my life

13»

Comments

• KushuKushu Member Posts: 70
    edited January 2013
    So how buff can we get these housecats nowadays? I mean....if you can just buff it with anything...(i misunderstood someone's post).
    Strength, Imp. Haste, Luck??, Aid, Chant, Pro.Evil, Defensive Harmony?? Skald Song. Anything else? Barkskin would probably not matter with their AC so low already.

I have a feeling Nimbul is going to be dealing with several dozen magically enhanced, feral housecats in the near future.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

Kushu said:

...No love for the Gauth familiar of NWN? But...he had feeble eye-rays that he'd use up in the first combat of the day!!
    Also...he was a baby beholder! That's ADORABLE.

On topic: I haven't had the stones to pull my familiar out of the bag since I got it. She can stay right where she is, feeding me permanent hitpoints.

My neutral evil Fighter/Mage uses her Dust Mephit alot, Glitter Dust x 1 and Glass Dust x2 per day, doesn't even need to get near enemies (though still does for weak ones). Also auto-regenerates HP.

I'm also "road-testing" a Neutral Good Skald with a Pseudo Dragon, a Skald song-buffed Pseudo Dragon has -4 AC (-7 AC with it's innate Blur spell), so is relatively safe to use in melee (50% magic resistance too) and does 2-5 damage x 2 with it's claws when the Skald Song is up and get's a +2 THAC0 (though I think the base in-game THAC0 of 13 reported in the in-game description may be wrong), which means those claws (which can also stun opponents) are more likely to hit. It's proving quite effective so far, but I've not gone very far into the game with it yet.
    Actually, it's been reported elsewhere (see: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14375/my-cat-killed-tarnesh#latest ) that many of the reported Familiar Abilites are bugged (or at least the descriptions are). Apparently the Pseudo Dragon currently only has AC4 and THAC0 17, instead of AC-2 and THACO 13
  • SharnSharn Member Posts: 188
    edited January 2013

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Cat Norris roundhouse kick!
  • KushuKushu Member Posts: 70
    I always wonder, with pictures like that....How do they do it?
    Do you get the camera ready to go, then throw the cat and snap the picture while he's flying?
    That's horrible!
  • RhikRhik Member Posts: 21
    edited January 2013
    (edit) Thanks to Kilivitz :)
    Post edited by Rhik on
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    @Rhik the original one is actually in english and it comes from here:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/cat_kill