Skip to content

BG:EE Little animation bug: Issues with the Colored Circled on characters

Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
edited November 2013 in Fixed
Current behavior: Safana has a single white circle.

Expected behavior: Safana should have a double (white or colored) circle.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• HobodoboHobodobo Member Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    It is a small bug i discovered when kagain joined my party.
    He is missing a circle beneath his feet when you select him, he only got a single ring instead of a double
  • AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 269
    I think this happens to every new NPC that joins. The next time you load a game, the double circle is there, though.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    What's the double circle for anyways? Rasaad has a single circle, everyone else has 2.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited December 2012
    I don't know if this has been mentioned already or not:

Observed behavior: When first meeting Dorn, on the screen north of the Nashkel Mines where you can first recruit him into your party, the colored circle is appearing in the correct color, but with a wrong graphic. The circle line is small, like the original foot circle graphics. If you dismiss a party member to take Dorn, that party member's colored circle also changes graphics to the thin line version. If you dismiss Dorn and take the original party member back, that party member's circle remains changed.

Expected behavior: Dorn's circle will have the same enhanced graphic as the others. Dismissing and re-hiring party members will not change anyone's circles.
    Post edited by Balquo on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Shandyr, ROFL!
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Safana has no double circle either. Just a single and white one. Thanks.
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    If You join her and then reload the game, double circle should appear.

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Merged threads.

Double circles identify party members. When you encounter a joinable NPC but they haven't joined your party yet, they have a single circle. Upon joining, they retain a single circle due to engine limitations. If you re-load the game, they will have a double circle as all other party members.

Tagging @ScottBrooks about the engine limitation, just in case it was possible to remove it.

edited December 2012
    @Shandyr, yes, but the last time I encountered it, leaving the map for another map "fixed" it.

To anyone with the "single circle" bug: try changing areas. I think that doing that serves as a workaround.
    edited December 2012
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    edited December 2012
    Double circle appeared after reload.
  • ThunderSoulThunderSoul Member Posts: 125
    Kagain and Safana are not the only ones. I think Neera has the same issues in my game.