Skip to content

[bug] Aldeth Sashenstar Doppelganger Quest

BeastmanBeastman Member Posts: 42
edited January 2013 in Not An Issue
Cannot complete Aldeth's Merchant League Quest. Killing all doppelgangers in the house but the guard captain says, that there are still doppelgangers left. There also seems to be a loop in the dialogues between the party, Aldeth and the house guard captain in that Aldeth sends me to the captain, i cooperate with the captain, i present him the docs i found etc.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Which doppelgangers did you kill? Did any of them run away into the street?
  • mikecourseymikecoursey Member Posts: 2
    I was able to complete the quest but if you notice when you go to the third floor of the Merchant League the doppelgangers are in their normal form and attack NOT their merchant form. I believe in the original you go up there and find them as merchants if you have not found the documents with incriminating evidence yet. Then after you talk to the guard captain they will transform and attack you.

When I killed the doppelgangers on the third floor first I couldn't complete the quest. When I replayed that section and waited until after finding the incriminating documents then killed them I was able to complete.

Recommendation: Should change the scripts to keep the doppelgangers on the third floor as merchants unless attacked directly or after the party finds the incriminating docs.
  • BeastmanBeastman Member Posts: 42
    edited December 2012
    I talked to the guard captain and told truth and that i would work with him. found the docs. talked to guard captain again. all merchants on 3rd floor transformed. there are 4 merchants on the 2nd floor left, as well as the bartender, the cook, the captain, and aldeth. On the ground level all merchants except the one to the right wall transformed (the two guards did not transform). Even when talking to the merchnats left untransformed, they do not change.

Found him. Outside and hiding. Sorry for the fuzz. Close thread. Thanks.
    Post edited by Beastman on
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Same bug except this solution didn't work. I turned the documents before starting killing the doppelgangers but those of 1st and 2nd floor wouldn't turn. Those of 3rd floor had already changed before I handed the documents.

So, I just ended up doing a: CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("AldethDopple", "GLOBAL", 16) to finish the quest.
    stargazerb
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Abel said:

Same bug except this solution didn't work. I turned the documents before starting killing the doppelgangers but those of 1st and 2nd floor wouldn't turn. Those of 3rd floor had already changed before I handed the documents.

So, I just ended up doing a: CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("AldethDopple", "GLOBAL", 16) to finish the quest.

Same experience but no console on the ipad. Some testing indicates that the third floor doppelgängers are changed whether you get the documents or not.

I think it's just the 1 guy on the first floor who is the issue. He keeps saying to go to the third floor and is obviously a doppelgänger but never changes. If I kill him he doesn't change but doesn't deduct rep. The other merchants give clues to help so don't seem to be doppelgängers. Maybe all that's needed is a way to make him turn if attacked and that will fill the counter up?
  • duey11duey11 Member Posts: 1
    I completed this successfully after thinking about how the script prompts.I talked to guard at door first floor says talk to Brandiler(guard captain), then I talked to Irenltree, either choice still send u up stairs. I talked to Aldeth, then Brandiler, then got the documents in desk. Here is key part-I talked to Bran after getting documents and he tell u to get all the Dopps, starting with known ones from the documents-Zorl 2nd floor, Irenltree and his buddies first floor THEN go to third floor and kill the rest-after tal kt oBran and hes happy and directs u to Aldeth.

Quick and dirty-get the documents-talk to Bran- kill 2nd floor, then first, then 3rd-talk to bran again.
    Hooyman
  • Dereck3o3Dereck3o3 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 166
    edited February 2014
    Thank you @duey11

Working fine
    Post edited by Dereck3o3 on
  • HooymanHooyman Member Posts: 2
    duey11 said:

Quick and dirty-get the documents-talk to Bran- kill 2nd floor, then first, then 3rd-talk to bran again.

I'm playing through the original version, and I just want to stress for anyone who has this bug in the future that this totally works. This seems to be the only way to solve this bug without popping open the console. Thanks a ton duey.
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    edited August 2015
    Confirming same bug as of 1.3, had to use CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("AldethDopple", "GLOBAL", 16)

Killed every doppleganger on all three floors and triple checked every corner to be sure, also certain none got to flee outside.

Necro I suppose, but feels warranted enough.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Still a bug!
    Israfel
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I ran into this bug today. I killed all the doppelgangers but Aldeth and his guard captain Brandilar insisted there were still some alive.

I think the problem comes if you speak to Brandilar and show him the incriminating documents without first having a conversation with Aldeth. I reloaded (which was annoying because this was mean to be a no reload run) and ran the encounter again, making sure to discuss with Aldeth all the suspicious goings on in the Merchant League before presenting the evidence of Zorl's guilt. This time it worked fine and I have got the sword I need to turn Karoug into kebabs.
    Israfel
  • IsrafelIsrafel Member Posts: 10
    Still an issue in 2021 on the Switch version. I played it through twice before finding this thread for the third. Thanks, @duey11!
    Permidion_Stark