Skip to content

[Feature Request] Play Time Counter

Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
I haven't found anybody requesting this, though the search function is terrible. But would this be a difficult feature to implement? The game currently doesn't have one, does it? It would just be nice to know how much time I've spent on any particular save file. A lot of RPGs have something like this.
DarkcloudJuliusBorisovlolien

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Oh god, the shame.
    MortiannaKilivitz
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    the request was asked before and I agree that it would be nice.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Now when the games are fine in the playable state, maybe it's a good time to look on the requests like this.

The forum actually shows that the "hours spent in the game" counter would be a welcome enhancement.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37442/how-many-hours-of-your-life-would-you-estimate-have-gone-into-the-bg-saga/p1

The most recent request comes from @BelgarathMTH http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/609990/#Comment_609990

I'm still seriously tempted to re-buy BG:EE 1 and 2 on Steam just so I can get that nice hours logged counter. I'd like to see how long I objectively spend on a full BG run. ;)

Personally, I would support this request as much as I could. It would be awesome to see something like

Time spent in the game: 1 year
    lolienBelgarathMTHelminsterAwong124
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Ohh my God, Crevs. OF COURSE I VOTE WITH BOTH MY HANDS for such a mod!
    CrevsDaakelminster
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited February 2015
    @bengoshi thanks for the promote :) I'll later get to it, and I'll make it track down minutes too (I think paused time doesn't count anyway).

Also, I got a nice idea, if you check the values of the time spent in each save you can figure out the total time spent playing (not considering Auto and Quick saves).

Edit: thread posted here. Enjoy ;):D
    Post edited by CrevsDaak on
    JuliusBorisovAwong124