What do you think would happen if the Warcraft's
Burning Legion sought to conquer Toril instead of Azeroth?
Quick facts/links (optional read)
----------------------------The Burning Legion and its 1 million-strong army of powerful demons
would be commanded by the ubers Archimonde CR:50
and Kil'jaeden Sorc(26)/Warlock(10) CR:59
. To name a few more of its ranking officers: Mannoroth CR:45, Tichondrius Wiz(20)/Necromancer(13) CR:44, and 4 or 5 dozen more at around their level (15-30ish). Know that they can also resurrect corpses into ghouls that are more agile than the Toril ghouls, on top of their already massive numbers; so expect millions upon millions of them esp if the war continues for a long time.
In my opinion, the most powerful spellcasters of Faerun
(most importantly, Larloch
the Level 46 version and his army of archmages), the continent of Kara-Tur's Shou Lung with 100 million soldiers
, and the Harpers
would all play a huge role. Toril would win but with heavy losses (half of entire population maybe)!
Assumptions/Guidelines (must read)
- gods/deities can't interfere directly for some reason (e.g. Ao, Mystra, Sargeras); only of Divine Rank 0
- timeline is pre-Irenicus battle (say, PC and the gang are level 20ish)
- Toril would stand united (even most of the "usually bad guys" like the Twisted Rune
and Red Wizards
) and would set aside past grievances (e.g. no more Luskan vs. Neverwinter, or Elves vs. Drows); unless of course if they are directly being manipulated/controlled as part of Burning Legion's tactics
- no trolling please, like "there'd be no Warcraft" ;p
- let's keep it civil please